Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

@helppleh

You can create presets for Scan to Computer with the file type and resolution. Here is how you can do it:

Go to Applications > HP > HP Utility

Click on Scan to Computer

Now click on Edit Scan Tasks

Click on the File Type for example- Scan as PDF

Click on Show Details

Click on Resolution to predefine the default dpi/ppi

Once you have the required settings selected, click on Save.

Now, when you scan from your printer's control panel to the computer and select save as PDF, the predefined settings will be applied.

By default, the scanned documents will be saved in the Pictures folder. However, you change the destination in the Save to tab while predefining the settings.

You can create predefined settings for different file types using the same steps as above.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Many thanks.

Those presets were already in place when I got the erratic issues previously described.

HP Utility.png

When I click on 'Test' in HP Utility, or 'Scan' in 'Easy Scan', I get a complete scan in the preset PDF.

However, if I go to the printer's control panel, I do not :

- The document is primarily text, but with a small illustration included.

- When  I click on 'Touch here to preview' on the printer's control panel, the full image of the document is shown, but when I then press 'Scan' on the printer's control panel, the only part that is scanned is the small illustration, and none of the text that is the main part of the document.

- Although Scan to Desktop is preselected in HP Utility, the image is instead sent to Easy Scan

- the scans are in JPEG format, and not the preset PDF.

the attachments below show the complete document when either 'Test' in HP Utility or 'Scan' in 'Easy Scan' are selected from my desktop, and next to it the illustration on its own without the text when the document is scanned from the printer's control panel.

Scanned Image 1.jpg                                             Scanned Image 2.jpg

Why does the 'Easy Scan' window automatically open when I click on 'Edit Scan Tasks' in HP Utility.

What  presets should be selected in Easy Scan  :

:Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 02.00.51.png

Regards.

HP Recommended

@helppleh

This issue requires remote assistance. I would recommend you reach out to the HP Support in your region for further help.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.