Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When I Scan to Email in my Photosmart 7520 all-in-one printer, I get the message, "Unable to connect to web services.  Confirm internet access and try again."

I have confirmed internet access.  I can print remotely using the HP ePrint service, and when I entered my email address in the list of emails to scan to, the printer sent me an email with my PIN.  I don't understand why the printer says it is unable to connect to web services when I think it is clearly using web services.

Is there some setting on the printer I need to change?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The next step I will send a private message via the forum inbox.

View solution in original post

361 REPLIES 361
HP Recommended

I understand you are getting unable to connect to server error message on your printer. I would first unplug router and printer for about 1 minute. I would plug router up first then printer. I would try again to complete scan.  If unsuccessful then complete steps below.  Let me know how it goes.

1. Obtain your printer's IP address

a. This can be done by pressing the wireless icon on printer.

2. Enter the printer's IP address in a browser.

3. Select the network tab at the top of the page.

4. On the left select networking.

5. Select Network Address (IP)

6. Select Manual DNS Server

a. Manual Preferred DNS should read 8.8.8.8

b. Alternate DNS Server should read. 8.8.4.4

7. Select apply you might get a warning just select okay.

HP Recommended

I'm sorry but these suggestions didn't work.

I recycled power on everything and left it off for a good 10 minutes.  Problem persisted.

When I tried the second suggestion, I had to enter the digits into the preferred and alternate DNS server addresses.  (The fields were blank when the window first came up.)  It didn't seem to be a problem; I didn't get any warning when I clicked Apply, and the message, "These changes have been updated successfully" appeared.  The problem still exists.

Incidentally, after I did the above, I entered a new email address into the printer.  It successfully emailed me a PIN for that new address.  When I try to scan to that email address, I still get the message, "Unable to connect to web services.  Confirm internet access and try again."

HP Recommended

@gfkoehler

Can you use any other app on the front panel of your printer?  Do you get the same message unable to connect to web service no matter what app you use?

HP Recommended

Yes, I can use apps.  I don't get the same message.

HP Recommended

I understand what's going on I actually went and took a look at that printer here and I ran into the same issue that you did.   There are two ways to access the scan to email app on your printer.   If you go to the printer and select scan and  then select email you will get that error message.  The best way to access the app is to actually log into your ePrint account and add the scan to email app to your printer.  Once you add the app to your printer go to your apps on the front panel and you should see scan to email.

Let me know how it goes or if you have any further questions.

HP Recommended

I'm sorry garytech1 but this didn't work either.  I went to the HP ePrint center, found the Scan to Email app, and downloaded to my printer.  I got a green checkmark with the message, "Added to Printer".  I went to the printer, found the icon for that app and ran it.  I got the exact same message:  "Unable to connect to web services.  Confirm internet access and try again."

HP Recommended

The next step I will send a private message via the forum inbox.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much garytech1.  The solution you sent me worked beautifully!  My problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

I have the same issue what gfkoehler had with his 7520 printer. I can not print to my e-mail address and I get the same error message. Every other application works on my printer. I have already tried all of the options what garytech1 suggested and the issue is not solved. Please garytech1 send me the same private message what solved gfkoehler's problem. Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.