Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Joshsdca,

Please check your forum inbox.  

HP Recommended

Hei,

I am having the same problem as everyone else. No scanning to email possibility. I have tried all the tips above, but it doesn't help. I wish HP could come up with a working solution. Until then; Is it possible to know your secret fix Gary?

Eirik

HP Recommended
Thanks for the reply and solution, which did work. I appreciate your diligence in responding to all these posts, but feel sorry for you that you are forced to address this issue one user at a time, rather than posting or producing a solution that solves the root cause of the issue.
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  would really appreciate the solution by email or any other way

HP Recommended

Hi lrobiner,

Great glad it worked!

HP Recommended

Hey guys,

Check your forum inbox.

HP Recommended

ok so the "answer" was sent to us,  it didn't work or maybe we couldn't make it work either way now I am seeing that if we mess with the wrong thing we could end up with a brand new HP boat anker.   not funny    I am also seeing that getting someone on the phone can lead to a scam and still not get the solution.   Does HP have real techs that can help ?? on a real phone number ???

HP Recommended

Hi there!

I can't for the life of me get the printer to scan.  Will somebody kindly provide the inbox that seems to be solving everyone's problem on here?  Thank you!

Bob

HP Recommended

Nothing of these steps seem to work. I don't understand what is the taboo of sending that "secret reset" to inbox. I think every customer has the right to make this thing to work properly, so this secret must be public. Just post it here so everyone can see. It's just not fair.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my scanning, what's the solution? Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.