Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi jjwork,

Please check your forum inbox. 

HP Recommended

Hi Gary,

thank you for the tips. I hit an issue with the process.

I followed all the steps and saw the correct screen prompts as described.

However, the unit did not automatically shutdown.

I have now pressed the power button manually and the system screen is locked on the "shutting down" screen for the last 1 hour. The blue circle above the shutting down is still moving around.

I am reluctant to power it off manually - but I don't hink there is any option..

Can you guide me as to what I should do please?

All the best

Jason

HP Recommended

Hi jjwork,

Thanks for the reply.  If the screen is stuck on powering down.  Just unplug the printer.

Let me know how it goes. 

HP Recommended

Hi Gary,

Yes this fixed it for all of my computers. The only one that had an issue was a Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit running as a Vm under Hyper-V.

All the others were fine.

Thanks again !

J

HP Recommended

Hi jjwork,

Great glad it worked!

HP Recommended

Hi Garytech,

I am having the same problem with my HP Photosmart 7520.  I am getting the message "Unable to connect to Web Services."  I tried all the other steps but it didn't work.  Will you please send me the private message with the solution?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Same problem as everyone else on this board. Can't scan to email.  Oh Master Gary, can you pretty please send me the double-secret solution?  Can you also please advise HP engineers to please build printers that actually work??

HP Recommended

Hi EdDallas,

HP Recommended

Hi lrobiner,

HP Recommended

Hi Gary - 

I'm having the same problem as everyone else on the thread. I've tried the steps you suggested. Can you message me the reset steps?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.