Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Print or neither scanning nor photocopying

HP Recommended
Hp 1510 inkjet series
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
My printer is not scanning or copying recently.. Tried to install the scan and copy doctor provided by hp. I installed it but the same didn't work. It got stuck in between the step 2. After that I closed the program and gave a command to my printer to copy (photocopy). When I gave my printer the command to photocopy , it makes some noise for first 10 seconds and the paper gets retracted(paper is pulled inside by the printer) into the printer. But after that the power button just keeps on blinking. What to do? And is my scanner broken down?
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,855 9,844 922 1,562
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @Ponu – Greetings!

Thanks for joining the HP Support Forums! I’d like to be of your assistance 🙂

Going through your post, I see that you are having trouble while making a copy or scan. Can you print from the PC? Are you getting any error while simply printing from the PC?

If the printing works well, then the issue could be with the scanner mechanism or with the power supply. Try to perform a hard reset on the printer as suggested below:

• Remove the cartridges from the printer.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Let me know how that goes!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7
716 706 30 91
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Pono,  it helps the expert moderators (Dvortex) to receive a reply if solutions helped (or not).  Does it print a document from the computer.  Have you recently changed anything?  Upgraded to Windows 10?  Is the USB cable firmly attached?

First, if the paper feed actually fails/malfunctions and makes noises, it may be defective.  Is it under warranty?  The 1510 has been discontinued; it would be rather inexpensive to just replace it (it must be old?).  It has been replaced by Injet 3620 ($80  Best Buy).  The Office Jet 3830 is only $40 (Best Buy).  Both are wireless.  I use HP Envy 5660.  You might find future 1510 replacement cartridges may exceed the shelf life and be dried out?

You describe a REAL paper jam (not false).  Go to Solution 2 here to unjam:

The Attention Light Blinks (Paper Jam) for HP Deskjet 1510 and HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 1510 All-in-One Printer Series

[   https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03771809  ]

Other support links:  Blinking Lights on the HP Deskjet 1510 and Deskjet Ink Advantage 1510 Printer Series

[    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03884419    ]

Support links for scanning problems (USB cable).  NOTE step 2 is the Hard Start described by Devortex.

RESTARTING THE PRINTER/COMPUTER:  HP Printers - Network Scanner Connection Error (Windows)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00040499   ] Turn off the computer along with the printer.  Be sure to disconnect the USB cable before powering up the printer first.   Then reinstall the cable prior to powering up the computer.  Reinstall printer cartridges if needed.

You can also try to reinstall the software/drivers for the 1510:  [   https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-1510-all-in-one-printer-series/5157551/model/5157552...   ]

Click on Software and Drivers,  click on Go and click download.  It will overwrite the existing printer's software upon installation.

I am not a Best Buy nor HP employee.  Please respond.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation