Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP3545 Printer, Scan,Copy & Photo
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

2 problems, first scanner would not save it was telling me that it could not find the item to be saved. Secondly it will not print via WiFi. It was fine up until a few weeks ago reference network printing. Only today the problem saving the scan but I later found it had saved the items in "My Documents" file. I don't understand what the problem is any ideas please?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Les3891

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Which application do you use to scan?

What is the error you get while trying to print wirelessly?

Run HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and fix any driver issue on the PC

Click here to download the file. Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and click on 'Fix Scanning'.

If the issue persists, proceed to the next step.

Connect the printer to the wireless network

On the printer screen, go to Setup > Network > Wireless > Wireless setup wizard > Choose your network

Note: Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network. 

This printer supports 2.4GHz network only. So, the PC should be connected to 2.4GHz network.

Use HP Smart app to print and scan from your PC

Click here to download and know more about the app.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar 0307,

Thanks for your reply, however I found the problem yesterday. Microsoft had made a security update which blocked access of the Scanner printer. These people do these update but do not make anyone aware of any conflicting problems. I wish that they would because the average computer users are not savvy enough to work these things out.  I am not a geek but I have been using PC's for some years on a daily basis so I am usually aware of these problems. Yesterday the HP 3545 scanner would not save some pictures fortunately there was a alert & I found the problem which cured both WiFi printing & saving my scans.

HP Recommended

@Les3891

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.