Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet M1212nf MFP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why does my HP LaserJet M1212nf MFP printer (personal information removed) print but not copy, and continually initialize?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you can print but can't copy and the printer keeps initializing. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Please try the steps in this document to see if it will help resolve this issue,  HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and Yo...

Check the scanner bulb:
  • Please keep the scanner lid open and then press the copy button.
  • Check if the scanner bulb glows.
  • Also to see if the scanner moves freely across the glass.
I would suggest updating the printer's firmware:  HP LaserJet Firmware Update Utility.

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

You can click on the "Accept as Solution" if the issue is resolved and the "Thumbs Up" for my effort. Please keep me posted. Good Luck! 
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you can print but can't copy and the printer keeps initializing. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Please try the steps in this document to see if it will help resolve this issue,  HP All-in-One Products - A 'Scanner Failure' Message Displays on the All-in-One Control Panel and Yo...

Check the scanner bulb:
  • Please keep the scanner lid open and then press the copy button.
  • Check if the scanner bulb glows.
  • Also to see if the scanner moves freely across the glass.
I would suggest updating the printer's firmware:  HP LaserJet Firmware Update Utility.

I will send you another step to try in a private message.
In the forum beside your handle name just click on the envelope to view it.

You can click on the "Accept as Solution" if the issue is resolved and the "Thumbs Up" for my effort. Please keep me posted. Good Luck! 
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Gemini02,

Your suggestion to update my printer firmware did the trick!  Thanks so much for "giving my printer back to me"!  Actually it was that suggestion that I tried first, and it worked.  I purchased my printer in March of 2012 so it was certainly in need of a firmware update.

Please forgive my slow response as I have experienced a series of issues that have caused the delay.  In addition, I have yet to complete my tax returns for 2015.

Again, many thanks for your expert help.

Sincerely,

PSFforever

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.