Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Officejet pro 8600 e-all in one.  Im wondering if there is a way for me to "shut off" the print fax log?  I don't need this sheet to print every time I send a fax? 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Yes you can turn off fax reports. 

Press the right arrow key on the printer.  Select SETUP, then scroll to and select REPORTS.  From there scroll to FAX REPORT--> FAX CONFIRMATION.  From that point you can turn on/off reports on fax send, fax receive and fax send/receive.

SandyBob

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!
Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP
1-800-474-6836
HP Recommended

how can I stop the HP 8600 pro from printing a sheet after I send a fax?

HP Recommended

thanks

HP Recommended
it there a way to auto clear the fax log so it doesnt stop the machine from receiveing faxes
HP Recommended
thepe,
that sheet that gets printed after send a fax is called the fax confirmation page, you can turn that off in fax setting.
**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended
BobMarion,
No, fax machine don't automatically clear the fax log.
Besides, the fax log usually doesn't stop the machine from receiving faxes, it uses a very small amount of memory. Typically, a fax machine stop receiving fax if you choose to save fax itself in memory, and the device run out of memory. What you have to in that case, is delete the saved faxes (and may be print them first or forward them to computer, if the fax machine is capable).
**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

This instruction really works. Thanks.. 🙂

HP Recommended

instructions not complete nor correct

HP Recommended

no such setting to turn off reports

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.