JohnBlue1 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer will not scan to email

Office Pro 8630

Unable to scan to email, get message the prnter is not connected t the network, wizard says check ethernet connectiioin. The printer is connected and will print from the computer. Removed the printer from the conputer and reinstalled, same issue 

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
13,623 12,733 826 1,435
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printer will not scan to email

@JohnBlue1

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Officejet Pro 8630 e-All-in-One Printer. I read that the printer is unable to scan to email. A message appears saying the printer is not connected to the network. The printer is connected because it prints fine from the computer. You've done a remarkable job performing the steps. 

The evidence confirms that the printer is connected to the network as it can print successfully. May I know if you're using the Windows operating system and what version of Windows it is?

Was the printer able to scan to email before? And did any changes take place after which it stopped scanning to an email?
Is the printer connected wirelessly or via ethernet?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to perform the following steps. These steps provided help in fixing such scanning related issues:

Make a note of the printer's IP address. You may get the IP address by touching the wireless icon on the printer.  Next, complete the following steps to set a manual DNS

• Input the printer's IP address in a web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer) and press Enter to access that page directly. This should take you to your printer's Embedded Web Server (EWS). 
  • Click on the Network tab.
  • In the left sub-menu, click Networking.
  • Next, click on Network Address (IP). 
  • Click on Manual DNS Server. 
  • Input Manual Preferred DNS as 8.8.8.8 
  • Input Alternate DNS Server as 8.8.4.4 
  • Click on Apply to finalize this change.  
  • Note that the above noted EWS menu headings may vary across printer models. If you don't see the exact headings I've listed here, the sub-heading you need should still appear under the Networking tab.  

Next, touch the Webservices icon ePrint.gifor ePrint 2 icon.pngAnd re-enable your webservices (necessary for scan to emailePrint and other features). 

scan icon led you to this post, touch the scan to email issue. Next, if a and

input the email address you're looking to scan to.  Next, retrieve the PINthat you should have received automatically via email and finish your scan to email setup by entering this PIN into your printer.  Ideally, if you're able to get this far the service will be fully functional. 

Alternatively, if ePrint was your main issue, and all of the above (save for scan to email steps) suggestions worked, try emailing your printer a print jobIf it prints successfully, ePrint is back online. If you're an HP ePrint app user, did the app automatically detect your printer's connection? If not, go into the app settings and manually add your printer to the app using either you claim code or the printer's IP address. Lastly, if you're a Printables user, try using your favorite apps from the printer's front panel, or via HP Connected

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation