Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

the HP 6835 will print.  I use HP instant ink program.  It won't copy.  It says that the paper size is wrong but i have reset it and it shoes the right size?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @lucier,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to make a copy on the printer as it is saying that the paper size is incorrect, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Please click here for the user guide of your printer. 

Refer to page number 119 and restore the copy settings on your printer. 

To restore the printer to the original factory settings

1. From the printer control panel display, touch Setup .

2. Touch Printer Maintenance .

3. Touch Restore.

4. Touch Restore Settings.

5. Select which function you would like to restore to the original factory settings:

● Copy

● Scan

● Fax

● Photo

● Network

● Web Services

● Printer Setup Touch Restore.

6. A message appears stating that the settings will be restored.

Touch Yes.

Once the copy settings are restored, the issue you are facing will be resolved.

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't know where the control panel for the printer is?  I have went to the printer and to the computer b ut no access so far?  can you tell me how to access it?

Thanks

Liz

HP Recommended

Hi @lucier,

It looks like you were interacting with @Chimney_83, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

As I understand you are having issues finding the settings on the printer. Don't worry I'm going to provide you the steps with the instructions which should help you resolve this issue.

I understand that you are facing while copying with the OfficeJet printer. Let’s try and perform a power drain to fix the issue. Here are the steps:

• Remove the cartridges from the printer.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
  • Let’s first try and make a “photocopy” to determine whether the issue is with the printer or not. Place a document on the scanner glass and choose “Copy” option. If the printer is making a good copy, then the printer hardware is fine.

If the issue persists, please follow the steps suggested from the previous post to restore the printer to default settings: 

Please click here for the user guide of your printer. 

Refer to page number 119 and restore the copy settings on your printer. 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.