Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4620 All-in-one

This printer is ONLY used to make copies and send/receive faxes.  It's not connected to a computer, it's only connected to a phone line.  It has new or fairly new ink cartridges, but NOTHING will print, not even the "Print Demo Page"!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@M-onson_1

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the Printer won't print,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Which operating system are you using with the printer? or have you been printing as a stand alone without a PC?

When was the last time it worked without these issues?

Have you attempted to make a copy using the printer as a standalone device, does that work?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you should know:

Solution one: Use genuine HP cartridges

HP recommends that you use genuine HP ink or toner supplies. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP or refilled cartridges. If you do not use genuine HP cartridges, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue. To check the authenticity of your cartridges, go to hp.com/go/anticounterfeit.

Solution two: Allow automatic servicing to complete

Your printer has an automatic servicing routine that can solve many print quality issues. There is nothing you need to do. The print quality should improve a few hours after you experience the issue.

Solution three: Check the paper

Follow these guidelines to make sure that the paper you are using is appropriate for the print job. If the paper is not appropriate, reload the printer with an appropriate paper type.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Riddle_Decipher,

As I wrote in my description, I use this machine as a stand alone to only make copies and for faxing.  It is NOT attached to a computer.

The last time it worked ok was I'm guessing around the end of April 2017.  We did have a power outage and it seems to me that it didn't work after that.  Not the first power outage we've had and it didn't have any problem with previous outages.

I'm sure the ink cartridges are authentic HP cartridges.

I've unplugged and turned the unit off then turned on and allowed it to go through it's setup...no change.

HP Recommended

@M-onson_1

Thank you for replying,

As I had mentioned you may CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS to resolve the issue and I request you to do the same as It seems that you've missed the link earlier, considering you haven't mentioned any of the steps mentioned within the article.

Also, ensure that the scanner bulb glows and moves to scan the document to ensure this isn't a hardware malfunction.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Riddle_Decipher,

I previously fixed the black cartridge vent as it was partially covered by adhesive...I also have tried to clean the printhead, using both 1st and 2nd cleaning levels.  I also tried to align the printhead, but when it tried to print the page, it printed nothing.

I also looked at the estimated levels of the cartridges...M, C & V have a "question mark", and B shows 3/4 full.  I was told the cartridges were fairly new, however, M, C & V have "setup" on them, so I'm wondering if they are the original cartridges.  I tested these cartridges by touching them to my finger and they still had color.  I'm wondering what the question mark means.

The bar glows and moves when I try to copy a paper, but still nothing prints.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.