Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Office Jet Pro 7740
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I updated my Mac to the Catalina OS and now I can't use my flatbed scanner.  I scan a LOT and there are photos that need to be scanned as well.  The printer will NOT scan directly to my computer (says it can't find my computer even though my computer sends documents to the printer and prints easily), and when I try to scan from my computer it wants me to put my document into the auto document feeder on top.  Not only does my document feeder not like to work very well, I can't put photos or smaller sized papers in it.  The one work around posted is to use the Apple Image Capture.  While it does work reluctantly and slowly, it is also very cumbersome and takes almost 2 FULL MINUTES  to scan one page.  Right now I have a 26 page document that I need to scan to my computer and I am NOT happy about it.  I see from other complaints that this has been going on since October and now 4 months later there is still no fix?  Come on HP! I've used HP exclusively both at home and work for years, but if you don't get in the game SOON,  I'm going to go to another brand of printer! 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try HP Smart and check if that may provide you any better results:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/hp-smart/id1474276998

About using the app:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06188214

Scan to Computer is not currently supported, till HP Easy Scan will be supported in the future.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Define supported in the future? 4 months 1 year? This is really ridiculous that HP will not come out with a formal statement to an issue that should never occurred. Truly piss poor planning from HP. I hope someone lost their job over this. Just take a look at all the models that have the issue. Seriously just a load of crap!!!! I am starting to look for another printer that will meet my needs. To bad I spent $700 dollar on a printer that didn't even work a year. 

HP Recommended

Didn't work - computer froze more than once.  I uninstalled.  I will reinstall again and see if it makes ANY difference. 

HP Recommended

I uninstalled HP Smart and reinstalled it and this time it seems to work... time will tell. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.