01-26-2020 07:27 PM
Hello there experts,
I have owned the product HP ENVY 7645 e-All-in-One Printer for almost 3+ yrs now, however off-late I have been having horrible issues with both printing and scanning. I have setup everything hardwired, i.e. connecting to the network through a LAN cable and to the laptop through the USB cable. It seemed to have been working okay until i plugged in the LAN, however after that the printer stopped detecting the Laptop USB and refuses to scan. After several attempts and a factory reset and restart it seems to be okay how ever it takes ONE MINUTE to scan each page via the document feeder or the glass scanner which is definitely not acceptable. Can someone educate me here? is there something obvious that I'm missing?
01-29-2020 02:56 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
Check the scanner bar functionality: partially lift the scanner lid, and then press the Copy button or icon. If the scanner light does not illuminate or move across the glass.
Perform a power reset
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware
Here are the steps:- Click here
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee