Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4650 all in one printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printed photos on 5x7 size. Now it will not print copies in either B&W or Color in letter size. Error says paper is not as described (i.e. 5x7 previously printed).  Printers own screen menu is inefficient as far as trying to correct or change the paper size.  It's the dummest thing I've seen...

The printer is new (Feb. 2018) and I've uninstalled and reinstalled every part of it and it is still Wrong!  I'm about ready to send it back!  I tried updating drivers and all the rest of what is suggested.  I have a wi-fi connection,  It is working.

All I want is to make a copy!  How simple is that?  

Thanks for any feedback!

Trollet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Trollet, thanks for your quick response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Try the steps recommended below and check if it helps.

After loading the original, change the copy settings such as paper size, paper type, and lightness/darkness level, then copy the document or photo.

1. From the Home screen on the printer control panel, touch the Copy icon .

2. Swipe to the desired number of copies, or touch the keypad icon , then input a number.

3. Touch the Settings icon , then specify the desired advanced copy settings.

• 2-sided: Select On or Off.

If you select On for the 2-sided copy option from the scanner glass, make sure to load the second page on the scanner glass when prompted.

• Paper Size and Type: Make sure the input tray is loaded with the correct paper size and paper type.

NOTE:

To change the paper size and paper type settings, open and close the input tray door. The printer prompts you to confirm or change the paper size and paper type.

• Resize: Select the size of the image of the photo or document that you want to copy.

• Actual: Make a copy that is the same size as the original. The margins of the copied image might be clipped.

• Fit to page: Make a copy that is centered with a white border around the edges. The resized image is either enlarged or reduced to fit the size of the selected output paper.

The 2-sided copy option does not work if the Fit to page option is selected.

• Custom: Increase the size of the image by selecting values greater than 100% or reduce the image size by selecting values less than 100%.

• Lighter/Darker: Slide the button to select the lightness/darkness level, and then touch OK.

• ID Card Copy: Make a copy of both sides of an ID card from the scanner glass.

4. Touch Back to return to the Copy screen.

5. Touch Start Black or Start Color to start the copy job.

The printer prints the copy job.

NOTE:

If you selected the 2-sided copy option, wait for the printer to fully eject the second side of the page, before you remove it from the printer.

Refer this article to know more information about copying document or photos. Link: http://hp.care/2puYrgv

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Trollet

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you need information on printing copies,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you reset the printer and check the power source?

Have you attempted to troubleshoot ink or toner cartridge issues?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Step 1: Reset the printer and check the power source

Reset the printer to clear certain error states by calibrating the scanner mechanism, and then check the power source to confirm the printer is getting enough power to operate the copier.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already on.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

3. Disconnect the power cord from the power source, and then wait 30 seconds.

4. If you previously connected the power cord to a power strip or multi-plug outlet adapter, reconnect the cord directly to a wall outlet to ensure the printer is getting enough power.

5. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer, and then turn on the printer.

6. If you have an HP DeskJet 3700 series printer, calibrate the scanner after resetting the printer.

7. Load the original document or photo, and then start a copy job.

• If the issue persists, connect the printer power cord to a different wall outlet to determine if the original outlet is causing the issue.

• If the issue persists with a different wall outlet, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Troubleshoot ink or toner cartridge issues

Ink or toner cartridge issues can cause unsatisfactory copy quality. Go to HP Customer Support, type your printer model number if necessary, and then search for 'print quality' to find the Fixing Poor Print Quality document.

For more assistance, use this link: http://hp.care/2DX6lJs

For details on how to copy, use this: http://hp.care/2IsTnSk

Let me know how that pans out

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge,

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'v done the two suggestions you mentioned, more than once.  There never was an issue that the printer wouldn't print.  Anything I've printed from my computer (laptop) has always printed.  The ink cartridges are OK, also.

The only problem I have is that putting a document on the glass to be copied to a letter size paper is not working.  It continues to say: "Paper size Mismatch."  The paper size isn't the 5x7 photo I'd used previously.  Even though the paper in the Main Tray is letter paper!  There is no function on the printer itself to change or correct the so called Mismatch.  And I cannot find a reference within the HP OfficeJet 4650 series either that will let me correct it!

I will use your Links for further assistance because I sure cannot figure this problem.  Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi @Trollet, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to as you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Have you tried checking with a different brand paper?

● From the Home screen, touch Copy. Select the desired number of copies.
● Touch (Settings), scroll through the options and then touch Resize to make sure Actual is
selected.
NOTE: The 2-sided function does not work if the Fit to Page option is selected.
● If the 2–Sided option is OFF, touch to select ON.
● From the Settings screen, specify paper size, paper type, quality, or other settings.
● Touch (Back) to return to the Copy screen.
Touch Start Black or Start Color to start the copy job.

Also, try the steps recommended below.

Remove and reload the paper in the input trays, and then check the paper source setting.

1. Remove all the paper from all the printer input trays.

2. Reload the paper, and then adjust the paper width guides so they gently rest against the edge of the paper stack.

3. In the program you want to print from, click File, and then click Print.

4. Make sure your printer is in the Name or Printers drop-down list box, and then click Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences.

5. Click the Paper/Quality tab, and then click Paper Source to select the correct tray.

6. Click OK, and then try to print.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot paper mismatch error on your printer. Link: http://hp.care/2FP5lUD

Also, refer the printer user guide and check if it helps. Link: http://hp.care/2xuNfCY

Note: Refer page 21 for more information.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done what you suggested. Not working. Thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

I have done what you suggested.  Not working.  Thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

@Trollet, thanks for your quick response and time.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

After loading the original, change the copy settings such as paper size, paper type, and lightness/darkness level, then copy the document or photo.

1. From the Home screen on the printer control panel, touch the Copy icon .

2. Swipe to the desired number of copies, or touch the keypad icon , then input a number.

3. Touch the Settings icon , then specify the desired advanced copy settings.

• 2-sided: Select On or Off.

If you select On for the 2-sided copy option from the scanner glass, make sure to load the second page on the scanner glass when prompted.

• Paper Size and Type: Make sure the input tray is loaded with the correct paper size and paper type.

NOTE:

To change the paper size and paper type settings, open and close the input tray door. The printer prompts you to confirm or change the paper size and paper type.

• Resize: Select the size of the image of the photo or document that you want to copy.

• Actual: Make a copy that is the same size as the original. The margins of the copied image might be clipped.

• Fit to page: Make a copy that is centered with a white border around the edges. The resized image is either enlarged or reduced to fit the size of the selected output paper.

The 2-sided copy option does not work if the Fit to page option is selected.

• Custom: Increase the size of the image by selecting values greater than 100% or reduce the image size by selecting values less than 100%.

• Lighter/Darker: Slide the button to select the lightness/darkness level, and then touch OK.

• ID Card Copy: Make a copy of both sides of an ID card from the scanner glass.

4. Touch Back to return to the Copy screen.

5. Touch Start Black or Start Color to start the copy job.

The printer prints the copy job.

NOTE:

If you selected the 2-sided copy option, wait for the printer to fully eject the second side of the page, before you remove it from the printer.

Refer this article to know more information about copying document or photos. Link: http://hp.care/2puYrgv

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know how it goes!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks! MrRobot(HP Support Agent).  This last recommendation worked and I was able to Print a copy from the printer itself.  The Menu options on this Printer is not very friendly, i.e., instead of showing the last paper/photo size used it should just say:  chose paper size, with a drop-down menu to pick.  The same for what kind of paper or photo paper.  Granted, I'm sure had I looked into the online Guide it may or would have been more specific?  I guess that will have to be my next "go to place"....  Thanks again for steering me into the correct directions!

HP Recommended

@Trollet, Thanks for your prompt response and time.

As you mentioned after trying out the steps I had suggested in my previous thread your issue got resolved.

I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.