Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Desk jet 2620
Other

So I bought this printer just over a month ago 

it run out of ink & I bought more online the hp website. 

I put the ink back in the printer & since then the printer hasn’t been printing, it registers that there is ink but doesn’t allow me to print ANYTHING 

my my app says there is problems with my printer, I’ve sat for over 4 hours watching videos trying to make it print, I’ve done pretty much everything to make it print & nothing has worked 

it is blinking the resume button & tri ink button with NO error code when I’m trying to print, the printer also makes a funny sound when it is blinking as it sounds like the ink bit isn’t working properly like slight banging in there as if it’s stuck but it’s not because when I open the door they come.

this is highly inconvenient as I have had this machine for just over 1 month , I use this printer for everything & need to know what is wrong with it as SURELY IT COULDNT NEED A SERVICE as I’ve had it for just under a month, I have the receipt still. I need this fixed ASAP 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Cyhair 

If you like (and you have not already done so), take (another) take a look...

Troubleshooting Section in the User Guide > Unable to Print - Page 78

Note the option for the Print and Scan Doctor.

The User Guide also has a section named "Work with ink cartridges" that you can read for anything you might have missed earlier (starting on page 55).

After the ink is changed, the printer must be aligned.  If the step was missed (or failed), consider aligning the cartridges as explained in the User Guide on page 74

Not sure which "app" to which you refer.

The following document is not meant to address your specific issue, at least not directly.   The suggestions might be helpful.

For example:  Consider the "Reset" option in Step 2.

Printer Does Not Turn On

and / or

Your new printer is under warranty - the standard hardware warranty covers a number of failures.

Rather than stare at more suggestions, videos, and documents, you can choose to contact HP Technical Support - open a case, explain the problem, share a bit of what you have tried to fix the issue, and ask for help.

HP Technical Support - HP Contact Information

Reminders

• Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).

• Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.  In the event that Chat is not available in your region:  Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)

• HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty.  This is normal business practice.

• HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty.  This is normal business practice.  Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.

• If the HP Contact (phone) number is not immediately provided:  Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.  

• HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo.  Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.

“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support

HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

Option:  Contact HP Technical Support - Regions

USA / Canada

Submit information / case online: Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal

1. Sign in or continue as a guest

UK

1. For faster support, submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
  2. Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist

Option - HP Support is on Facebook!

HP on Facebook

From HP:  HP Fraud Alert: Protect Yourself from Scams, Report Suspicious Calls

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Printer

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more

HP Officejet 2620 All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.