Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP envy 4527

Have tried scanning a document  although the printer says scanning complete the PC gives an error message which says There was a problem loading your smart task, try again.  There are options to retry or cancel.  If you retry, the error message just appears again, if you try to cancel the program jams & I need to close using task manager - can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you are having problems with the HP Smart app the new feature Smart Tasks

A new version of HP Smart has been released and uploaded to the Microsoft Store.

This version has fixes in for Smart Task problems.

To update the App

On the taskbar, select the Microsoft Store icon.
If you don't see the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar, it might have been unpinned. To pin it, select the Start button, type Microsoft Store, select Microsoft Store , then choose More > Pin to taskbar .
Select More > Downloads and updates, and choose the Get updates button.

If you need more info on updating Windows Store apps please check out this link

JonW

I work for HP

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my HP Officejet 5740. It only happens when using the HP Smart App and occurs on any PC or laptop using this App. I have rverted to using the scan facility on the full feature software instead which is fine. If you have not done so already I suggest you download the full feature software for your printer here -  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-4520-all-in-one-printer-series/5447920/mode... and make use of  the scan function in that until they resolve the issue.

HP Recommended

Same issue with the HP Officejet Pro 8710.  Very frustrating!

HP Recommended

Same issue with the HP Officejet Pro 8710.  Very frustrating!

HP Recommended

What is going on that this is happening to so many people. I have tried all of the trouble shooting offered. I can only scan from the printer itself. But it loads as a picture. I need it as a PFD. 

HP Recommended

I get the same message! I initially found it worked fine on my 8715 then after about a month I got it when loading from the top but not if I place it on the screen which is ok if not scanning numerous sheets and double sided. I have been and changed the printer for a new one same model and completely re installed and I get the same message straight away.

HP Recommended

The workaround I posted last week with the same issue is to scan and when the error appears go to the save button on the bottom. It appears inactive but it seems to work anyway. I'm able to save as pdfs. It's not right, but it seems to be working for many users. Try it.

@Fedup10 wrote:

Have tried scanning a document  although the printer says scanning complete the PC gives an error message which says There was a problem loading your smart task, try again.  There are options to retry or cancel.  If you retry, the error message just appears again, if you try to cancel the program jams & I need to close using task manager - can anyone help?

HP Recommended

Thank you so very much. I spent ALL day today having the same issue. I finally download HP Scan and Capture from the Mircsoft store and that worked. Tonight I was cleaning out my Spam email folder, I came accrossed your email about being able to STILL save the scanned document. 

Thank you so much. It did work Sad that I spent so much of my day trying to fix the problem.

HP Recommended

If you are having problems with the HP Smart app the new feature Smart Tasks

A new version of HP Smart has been released and uploaded to the Microsoft Store.

This version has fixes in for Smart Task problems.

To update the App

On the taskbar, select the Microsoft Store icon.
If you don't see the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar, it might have been unpinned. To pin it, select the Start button, type Microsoft Store, select Microsoft Store , then choose More > Pin to taskbar .
Select More > Downloads and updates, and choose the Get updates button.

If you need more info on updating Windows Store apps please check out this link

JonW

I work for HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.