Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP2645
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi,

i have a problem with my hp2645 laserjet. I went through the web site and many people had this problem. It is hard to know that after 2 years my all in one laser jet is not good because of a hard ware. Particularly when we have not often used it.

So my question, is it really a problem with the driver or is there a problem with the HP2645 serie??

I don't want to invest again in a hp and after 2years it becomes obsolete due to a driver...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The "HP2645" is not a LaserJet printer - I'd guess that you are referring to a Deskjet Ink Advantage 2645 All-in-One printer.

... and you state that you "... and many people ..." have a problem with this model, but you don't describe what the problem is.

So no-one will be able to answer your question "... is it really a problem with the driver or is there a problem with the HP2645 serie? ..." until you provide more information.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. Yes you are right my question is incomplete. I was so fed up with my HP2645…

So: yes it is a deskjet instead of a laserjet.

My problem is:  The scanner and copy function do not work. It says “scanner communication cannot be established. Ensure your product is powered on, check the connection, and ensure your network is functioning properly. If these conditions are correct, restart the product and try scanning again”

I tried to run the hp print and scan doctor, it says that a driver is missing.

I can use the printer and fax directly from my computer. Only the scan and copy are having an issue.

With these information will you be able to help me?

HP Recommended

Sorry, I cannot help with your problem, because I know little about DeskJet printers, nor about Copy/Scan features (even on LaserJet devices).

But now that you've described your problem , perhaps other forum contributors may be able to provide suggestions?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.