Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP officejet pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

i need some help resolving a problem with communication.

Ik installed the driver for windows 7 home edition when windows 7 was on it.

After installing windows 10 i installed the driver for that. 

But having the same problem.

Printing is ok but when i wanna scan it says communication  not ok.

i tryed the docter to repair and the driver for scanning gives a problem...

Does anyone know  how to reslove that please.

What can i do about it... is there a repair for is. does anyone

have the same problem.

email me [edited]

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is vignesh B.

Welcome to HP Consumer Support Forum. I am happy to assist you!

1. First of all, the main cause of this issue is the printer software is not properly configured. That's the reason it says it couldnt communicate with the printer which is a false message.
2. To resolve this issue, please kindly go through the below troubleshooting steps.
3. Please kindly uninstall the software competely first. Please make sure there is no entry in "programs and features" that's related to the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Printer.
4. Please press and hold the Windows button and hit "R" button to open the run window.
5. Please type "services.msc"
6. Now, please look for WIA service listed. Please right click and restart that particular service.
7. Now, please look for Shell Hardware Protection service listed. Please right click and restart that particular service.
8. Now, please turn off the printer, computer and the router. Please wait for 15 seconds and turn on all the devices in the same order.
9. Now, please try to install the new software and check if it works.

Link to download the drivers : https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8600-e-all-in-one-printer-series-n911/4322914/...

Please let me know in case of any other issues. Hope this resolves the issue

Please contact 1-800-474-6836 for any assistance. We work 24*7.

Thank you for choosing HP. Have a wonderful day ahead.

Please click the "Thumbs Up", to say thanks for helping!

Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue.

I am an HP Employee.

Ricky
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the steps mentioned in the link below and see if this helps you

if your printer is conencted using a USB cable then follow the below link

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8600-e-all-in-one-printer-series-n911/4322914/...

if it is wirelessly connected then go to the below link

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8600-e-all-in-one-printer-series-n911/4322914/...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.