Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
CM1415cfm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

A red light remains lit on the ADF section of the glass.  This red light causes a red line on the images when they go through the ADF.  How can I, if I can, turn it off?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Aramdno

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP LaserJet Pro CM1415 Color Multifunction series printer. I read that a red light remains lit on the ADF section of the glass. Due to this there is a red line on the images when they go through the ADF. 

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Disconnect the power cable from the printer while the printer is still ON.
  • Disconnect any other cables if connected the printer.
  • Press and hold the printer’s power button for 15 seconds.
  • The printer should be directly connected to the wall outlet and not to a surge protector.
  • Reconnect the power cable to print and the printer should power ON by itself. If the printer doesn’t power ON then please manually power it ON.

Please try o copy or print through the ADF and check. If the issue persists then I suggest to reset the printer Resetting the printer restores the printer to its original factory condition. I have sent you a private message with the reset steps.you

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

@Aramdno

Thanks for sharing the image. 

Ideally, the screen control panel layout should be glowing as shown in the below image:

You could perform a firmware update on the printer via this link. Please restart the printer after the firmware update is successfully installed. 

Hope this helps. But if the issue persists then the evidence points towards an internal failure. In such a case please contact our HP phone support team to explore the hardware service options. 

Good luck! 

HP Recommended

Thanks again for your time and response.  I hope you were able to see the pic of my display on CM1415.  It doesn't look anything like the one you sent me.  Also, the firmware didn't give me the display you sent, but I did notice the arrow as it re-booted. 

I tried your permanant init solution.  Unfortunately it I had no success.  The red light comes on immediately after I turn the printer on. 

I have called HP support.  The phone assistor I got put me on hold several times as I heard her leav through a manual looking for a solution.  She eventually told me there is no technical support for the problem.  The only solution she offered was for me to replace the printer.  I'm reluctant to do do that since the only problem with the printer is the red line that appears only when I use the ADF. 

I tried the forums hoping someone had run accross this problem and found a solution. 

I haven't found one.

However, I was excited to hear from you.  You're the only one that has responded or offered some kind of hope or solution  --  more than phone tech support!

Thanks again and if you do come accross another action for me to try to eliminate the red light, please let me know.

Armando Hinojosa

HP Recommended

@Aramdno

Thanks for your kind words Armando. 🙂

I wish I had a magical wand to wave from here and fix the issue for you. 

But believe me, I've tried suggesting all possible steps that could potentially fix the issue.

Anyways, Do keep in touch if you have any further questions for me. Take care! 

HP Recommended

I have tried that previously, but it hasn't worked.  It's also been recommened I try pressing the right arrow as it boots.  The red light persists.

Phone support recommends a new printer, which I'm reluctant to do, since the red light only affects ADF scans.

I've also tried a firmware updte that also didn't extinguish the red light.

HP Recommended

@Aramdno

You've been fabulous to work with considering your superb technical skills, remarkable patience and great attitude. Kudos to you for that.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

I think the kudos are misplaced!  YOU are the one that deserved them!

I can only imagine what yuo must deal with on a daily basis if you think my technical skill are "superb!"  I still can't find my old e-mails when I click on the mail icon on my computer. 

Not to mention my user name!  Have you noticed that?  I didn't know what I'd done -- mispelled my name --  until I started getting emails from the forums.  I went, "Oh my God!  A poor soul with a name that is worse than mine!" 

Misery love company! 

(Not true!  I've come to love my name .  I don't know when that happened, but as a teen I know I hated it!)

But that is "a click for another Icon!" so to speak!

Thanks for all your attention and your expertise!  I wish you continued success and happiness!

Armando

(That's the correct spelling!  Not the one as my user name on the forum!)

HP Recommended

@Aramdno

Hi Armando, thanks for the kind words. 

You're most welcome.

Yes, I did notice your real name and I must tell you that it is a beautiful name. 

Wish you too a happy and successful life ahead.

Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.