Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSSCrasher
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Scanner issue on iMac Catalina 10.15

I upgraded to MacOS Catalina 10.15.  Scanning from front panel of HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus stopped working (can't find computer).  I am using Apple Image Capture instead but find in NOT as simple as before (when HP Easy Start worked).  Can you please notify me when the newer version of HP Easy Start comes out (that supports Catalina) so that I can install and get back to usual (for scanning purposes)??  Thanks in advance - MSSCrasher

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,904 5,896 372 447
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Scanner issue on iMac Catalina 10.15

@MSSCrasher, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. HP will push notification onto the HP Support site once we have the updated version of HP Easy Scan. Until then, use Apple Image Capture for scanning purposes.

For more info on HP Easy Scan, refer to this document.

Alternatively, you may try using the HP Utility to scan to your MAC from the printer screen.

1.) On your Mac, click Finder, click Applications, click the Hewlett-Packard or HP folder, then double-click HP Utility. (If HP Utility is not available, download and install the printer essential software from here

2.) Under Scan Settings, click Scan to Computer, then make sure the Enable Scan to Computer checkbox is selected.

https://lithium-response-prod.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/hpcsc.response.lithium.com/RESPONSEIMAGE/946f6e5f-68db-4b93-a3ad-831e2c463488.default.png

3.) Try to scan.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation