Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Received fax window (and digital fax folder) is empty, but faxes are coming in.

HP Officejet 5255
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am receiving faxes, but I can't view them on the digital fax folder I set up and they also aren't showing on my received fax window in the manage fax settings.

I originally set up the digital fax to not print faxes, to only save them digitally only, but there were none in my folder, yet they showed on my printer LCD screen on the printer when I went to the reprint screen.  (No, none of them were color, only black & white.) The folder is set up properly (it worked twice on the very first day) and I've re-ran the wizard and done the test several times since then.  Each time it tells me it's working. I changed the setting and told it to also print the fax as well and now they are printing, but still not saving in the folder. (Again, they are all black & white, not color.) Also, I noticed that under 'Manage Fax Settings' in the 'Fax History - Received Faxes' window none of my faxes are showing at all. I'm wondering if this is related to them not being saved in the digital folder. It's as if the fax machine itself finds them (because they are all in the history on the printer's LCD screen) but they aren't showing on the computer, except I can hit the print history button on the computer and it will print the date, time & number of pages received (12 within the past couple days.) I've uninstalled everything and reinstalled with the same results. Any ideas?

Fax 1.JPGFax 3.JPGFax 2.JPG

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,464 20,452 1,356 2,017
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Received fax window (and digital fax folder) is empty, but faxes are coming in.

@jlanguedoc,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the digital faxes are not getting saved on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03448663

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation