Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (852 Views)

Replacement for HP Director for Scanjet 4600 Windows 10 x64

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Scanjet 4600
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear Sirs:
     I have a HP Scanjet 4600 scanner and like it.  Hp Director doesn't function on Windows 10 x64; is there a replacement to download to replace it?  I've downloaded drivers for the scanner and it works with VueScan software but would prefer using HP software.  I thank you kindly for any assistance.
Dr. Ralf
[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 3 (830 Views)

Re: Replacement for HP Director for Scanjet 4600 Windows 10 x64

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP forum.  We can offer this alternatie solution:

HP Scan Extended

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

Let us know if that works.

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (794 Views)

Re: Replacement for HP Director for Scanjet 4600 Windows 10 x64

Dear Sirs:
    I thank you for the download of "HPscanext.msi".  I installed it on Win 10 Pro x64 and tried to run it for a HP Scanjet 4600.  At first, the application just sat there trying to load.  After un-installing, re-installing and re-booting; it finally loaded.  Now, no matter what setting, PDF .jpg, e-mail etc., the scanner lamp will scan a document but there is no resulting image and the application just sits there as if waiting for data to load from the scanner.  ie.:  

HPscanExt 5-28-16.jpg

I Thank you for any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Dr. Ralf

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation