Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I CAN PRINT FROM MY COMPUTER FINE! HOWEVER WHEN I TRY TO SCAN FROM THE COMPUTER IT SAYS MY PRINTER IS OFFLINE WHICH IT IS NOT! I'VE RESET THE PRINTER SEVERAL TIMES TO NO AVAIL. PLEASE ADVISE OTHER OPTIONS TO TRY 

THANKS 

TURBO545

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

BY THE WAY THE PRINTER I USE IS AN OFFICEJET 8600 PRO 

HP Recommended

@TURBO545, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To provide you with an accurate solution, I would like to  know the following:

• Are you able to make photocopies on the printer?
  • What is the Operating System installed on your computer?
  • How is the printer connected, USB/Wireless?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I have an Officejet Pro 8615. I can photocopy just fine from my computer. I can also photocopy directly from the printer. When I try to scan, the window says The HP Officejet Pro 8610 was not found. I am connecting wirelessly. My computer uses Windows 10 Home 2019. It is a 64 bit.

HP Recommended

@hi2janet, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below to resolve scanning problems using the HP Print and Scan Doctor-

1. Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
  2. Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
  3. Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer.
    • If your printer is not listed, turn it on and click Retry.
    • If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in the tool.
  4. Click Fix Scanning.

If the issue persists, try additional troubleshooting steps from the following documents depending on your type of connectivity.

Network Scanner Connection Error (Windows)

USB Scanner Connection Error (Windows)

Let me know the outcome.

Cheers 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.