Ronnyroll
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scan Failure

HP Printer 6978
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I have a HP 6978 all-in-one printer.  I have uploaded the most recent software for printing and scanning.

When I scan with my item on glass plate, my scan is unsuccessful with the following message:

Scan Filed.  No items detected in the automatic document feeder.  Please place your originals in the automatic feeder and start scan again.

The point is: I don't want to use the Automatic Feeder.

Suggestions for solving this problem?  Thanks in advance.  R

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
5,726 5,712 423 458
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scan Failure

@Ronnyroll, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand the inconvenience caused. I would recommend you to go through a similar post that speaks about the scanning issues after Mac OS update. For more details, refer to the document HP Printers - HP Easy Scan Is Not Currently Supported in macOS Catalina

Also, try using the HP Smart App to scan. Refer to the document HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Mac) for help.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation