Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.
I understand that you are having problems with the Print And Scan Doctor.
I'd like to help.
I suggest you uninstall the Print And Scan Dr from your computer and restart the computer.
On the Start menu, enter Control Panel in the search box and select Control Panel from the results.
Select Programs > Programs and Features, and then select the Print And Scan Doctor
Click uninstall on top
Follow the directions on the screen.
Then perform a Printer Reset.
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Once everything boots back up, download the HP Print And Scan Doctor from Here.
Let me know if the issue persists.
Thank you. 🙂
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" and "Kudos" Buttons.
KrazyToad I Am An HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".