Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8600
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Greetings,

I tried scanning a multipage document 2 sided original via the auto feeder.

The first page jammed.

I removed the jammed page.

I decided to scan the document the slow way, one page at a time.

Now when I attempt a simple scan the alert displays saying there are no pages in the auto loader tray.

I rebooted the Mac, as well as the printer but the alert keeps displaying.

I am stuck.

How do I clear this so I can get this document scanned??

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you successfully make a copy from the feeder, or do you get any error on the printer front panel when copying too?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response!

I can scan a document if I run it through the feeder.

If I try to scan the document from the top glass panel, it fails saying there is nothing in the top feeder.

The front panel says there is an error.

I have bounced the Mac, as well as the printer but nothing has worked.

HP Recommended

Thanks for clarifying,

This is a known issue due to lack of compatibility, HP Easy Scan is not currently supported on Catalina.

You may use Image Capture as a workaround, as described by the support document below:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06455960

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.