Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
ASUS ROG G752-VS
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Impossible to send the scan from my new HP ENVY 7830 to the Laptop.

Sometime my laptop is seen, but I get the message "to scan to a PC , go to 123.hp.com to dowload the soft hp".

HP Smart is installed and up to date on my PC.

If I scan from HP Smart on the LapTop, it works !

But I would like to do it directly from the printer as it was possible with my previous 7640.
Thanks for help . . .

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Clawdio

Welcome to HP support community.

Enable scan to computer

• From the computer desktop, click Start, select HP from the app list, and then select the icon with the printer name.
  • Go to the Scan section.
  • Select Manage Scan to Computer.
  • Click Enable.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply.
How to install the tool with printer name ?
From 123.hp.com I can only execute HPSmart.

Greetings.

HP Recommended

@Clawdio

Refer this document for steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot.

In between I found the Download Link on : 'https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/printers'  and it works now.

As I have you in touch, may I ask one more question : 

My printer detect 2 times my Laptop :
1)  First it detect <Numériser pour DESKTOP-FI2PEDS> (Sorry in French) .
      With this one,  the scan do not works !   (it desplay a mesage to go to  123.hp ...)

2) After a couple of minits it detect : <DESKTOP-FI2PEDS>  and with this the scan from printer to "Documets" directory on PC
    works fine.  Strange no ?

3) More over the printer detect an other PC : <Ordinateur non répertorié>  (computer not listed)

Do you have an idea ?

I already restored the factory settings to the printer, uninstalled HPSmart and resinstalled, deleted the printer drivers  . . .

And perhaps some other things I don't remember   🙂

HP Recommended

@Clawdio

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.