05-20-2020 04:00 AM
Impossible to send the scan from my new HP ENVY 7830 to the Laptop.
Sometime my laptop is seen, but I get the message "to scan to a PC , go to 123.hp.com to dowload the soft hp".
HP Smart is installed and up to date on my PC.
If I scan from HP Smart on the LapTop, it works !
But I would like to do it directly from the printer as it was possible with my previous 7640.
Thanks for help . . .
05-27-2020 10:01 AM
Welcome to HP support community.
Enable scan to computer
- From the computer desktop, click Start, select HP from the app list, and then select the icon with the printer name.
- Go to the Scan section.
- Select Manage Scan to Computer.
- Click Enable.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
05-27-2020 02:18 PM
05-27-2020 03:00 PM
Thanks a lot.
In between I found the Download Link on : 'https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/printers' and it works now.
As I have you in touch, may I ask one more question :
My printer detect 2 times my Laptop :
1) First it detect <Numériser pour DESKTOP-FI2PEDS> (Sorry in French) .
With this one, the scan do not works ! (it desplay a mesage to go to 123.hp ...)
2) After a couple of minits it detect : <DESKTOP-FI2PEDS> and with this the scan from printer to "Documets" directory on PC
works fine. Strange no ?
3) More over the printer detect an other PC : <Ordinateur non répertorié> (computer not listed)
Do you have an idea ?
I already restored the factory settings to the printer, uninstalled HPSmart and resinstalled, deleted the printer drivers . . .
And perhaps some other things I don't remember 🙂