Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet 7612
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, the day after my warranty expires! The scan function has started to scan with a shadow down the middle of A3 scans.

I have factory reset the printer/scanner, done a clean install of the printer software and the results are still the same. I have used two different computers but resulst still the same.

I am convinced it is somethig related to the prointer/scanne rather that the software on the PC.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. HP have now contacted me and the fault is with the printer hardware. The printer has been replaced under warranty in a seamless process. I am back printing & scanning again.

Many thanks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@sootblower,

Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!

• Do you face the same issue while making a copy?
  • Are you using the flatbed scanner glass or the top document feeder to scan the documents?
    • Do you have the same issue when using the scanner glass and the top feeder?
  • How about scanning on a different paper size? Does it scan ok?

Step 1: Power Reset

• Make sure this printer is plugged into a direct wall, not a surge protector.
  • Turn the printer on.
  • Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. Wait at least 60 seconds
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  • Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  • Try making a copy and check if it works.
  • If the issue persists, proceed to the next step

Step 2: Clean the Scanner Components

• Refer to step 1 from this link and clean the scanner components.
  • Try to scan again
  • If the issue persists, proceed to the next step

Step 3: Update the printer firmware

• Refer to this link to update the printer firmware.

Let me know if this information helps or if you need any further assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “KudosThumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Artharva

Thanks for your reply. In response to your questions

• Do you face the same issue while making a copy? Yes - only with A3 paper
  • Are you using the flatbed scanner glass or the top document feeder to scan the documents? Flatbed for A3
    • Do you have the same issue when using the scanner glass and the top feeder? A3 can only be scanned on the flatbed
  • How about scanning on a different paper size? Does it scan ok? Everything is okay with A4 on the flatbed and feeder.

I have tried all the suggestions (Steps 1 to 3) in your e-mail but the problem still persists. The A3 scans & copies look as if there is an overlay across the middle. It is the same for JPEG and PDF scans.

The printer/scanner dispalys "Scanner Failure - Unable to scan, copy or send a fax" after doing one scan. The printer then has to be switched off then back on again after a scan. It is also cropping the bottom off A3 copies.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@sootblower,

As a last resort, we can try to perform a full factory reset on the printer.

Factory reset settings of a printer differ from one printer model to another.

I will send you a private message that would have the steps to reset your printer to the factory settings.

Note: Resetting the printer to the factory settings would erase all configurations like your Wireless settings, Fax settings, and other preferences.

You have to re-do the set up again once you perform the factory reset.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After carrying out all the actions in the PM I still get the same results.

The final reply from HP "I think this could be an issue with the printer hardware. I would request you to contact our HP Support Team for Service/Replacement/Upgrade options. Click on this Link  to contact HP.   Cheers!"

In short thanks for buying a printer/scanner that lasted 1 year & 1 day.  Now get your wallet out & pay for a repair. Alternativly purchase a printer froma nother manufacturer which may llast a little longer!

HP Recommended

@sootblower

Thank you for joining the HP Community

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. HP have now contacted me and the fault is with the printer hardware. The printer has been replaced under warranty in a seamless process. I am back printing & scanning again.

Many thanks

HP Recommended

@sootblower,

You are welcome. Please feel free to reach us back if you need any further assistance.

Cheers!

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.