Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Top Student
Message 1 of 5 (110 Views)
Accepted Solution

Scan to Computer 8610

Product Name: Office Jet 8610
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Like many folks I've read about, I am having trouble getting "Scan to Computer" working with the 8610. I can print ok. I can ping the device, but I cannot get scan to work. If I select HP scan it doesn't give me the option to choose the correct printer. I hev reinstalled the software. I have used scan doctor. I have already spent over 5 hours on this to no avail!

The HP message boards that I've read do not address this specific issue. HP are no help. I'd ask directly, but this is a waste of time. can anyone enlighten me so I can get this figured out. It is so disheartening.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Scan to Computer 8610

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for your operating system:

The following resource will help you :

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

How to Scan to Computer

Once you have installed the software:

1. Click on the printer Icon (on your desktop) and it will bring up the HP Printer Assistant.
2. Under the Scan menu, there is a “Manage Scan to Computer”, click on that.
3. Make sure that you “Enable” Scan to Computer. Also make sure the tab “Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log on to Windows” is checked if you want to make this feature permanent. (the following video will show you how)

Scan to Computer

How to use "Scan to Computer" properly

Hope that helps.

View solution in context
Dean
Message 2 of 5 (107 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you download and install the FULL feature printer software from HP for your operating system:

The following resource will help you :

http://123.hp.com/us/en/

Key in your printer model, Operating System and download & install the FULL feature software.

How to Scan to Computer

Once you have installed the software:

1. Click on the printer Icon (on your desktop) and it will bring up the HP Printer Assistant.
2. Under the Scan menu, there is a “Manage Scan to Computer”, click on that.
3. Make sure that you “Enable” Scan to Computer. Also make sure the tab “Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log on to Windows” is checked if you want to make this feature permanent. (the following video will show you how)

Scan to Computer

How to use "Scan to Computer" properly

Hope that helps.

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Top Student
Message 3 of 5 (96 Views)

Thanks for the very clear and concise directions. I do not have access to that computer until tomorrow Morning (Friday) I will respond after.

Top Student
Message 4 of 5 (54 Views)

We can now scan to the computer, however am error msg comes up on the Printer. 8610. that's a minor issue. Don't have the error code, but at least the admin staff can now scan. Thanks

Dean
Message 5 of 5 (27 Views)

Hi @UncleMalky,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation