Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7855
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I can no longer Scan to Email. When I click the "scan" and then "email" button on my printer display, it shows "There was an internal processing error." It has been working fine for a long time, but this morning I noticed it getting slower in each step you go through when scanning for email, until I now get this error message every time.

Using the EWS printer admin web page, I can see that "scan to email" is not an option under the "scan" tab - it only shows "webscan" - see screen shot.

I have tried every troubleshooting step I can find here, including:

• rebooted, including pulling power plug, after each troubleshooting attempt
  • disabled and re-enabled web services
  • changed network protocols to "IP4 only"
  • changed 802.11 wireless DNS from DHCP to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
  • changed IP address from DHCP to manually set

Nothing works. Could this be a problem on HP's end with their web services? I've noticed a lot of other recent posts where "scan to email" has been failing.

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 11.54.18 AM.png

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@nachoden 

Edits - Remove Content

There are two types of "scan to email" - the first one uses (and depends on) the "Printer App" (buttons) approach and the other supports the EWS option (you now know you don't have) >  "Scan to Email" which requires digital sending ability.

Higher end Officejet Pro models (some at least) support Scan to Email / digital filing and sending.

Your photo printer is the first type.

You can try shutting off Web Services.

Wait for a while (several minutes, as long as you can stand it)

Start Web Services.

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY Photo 7855 All-in-One Printer 

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks, but I'm not sure you read my post entirely - I've already tried all of these steps and many others. Also please look at my screen shot of the EWS - note that Scan to Email is missing.

I've seen at least 8 other posts today with this same problem. I wonder if there's a problem on the HP web/cloud services end, and when a service isn't working, the printer gives the message I shared and the EWS menu item goes away.

HP Recommended

@nachoden 

OK.

I only meant the EWS sample as just that.

I will withdraw it, of course.

There is nothing else I can offer.

Restarting Web Services is about the only control you have over any of this.

Yes, absolutely, Web Services could be down for a particular region or area.

Apologies for having wasted time for both of us.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

No worries, I really appreciate you trying. I just don't want to confuse others who may be reading this.

HP Recommended

@nachoden 

You are right, I used to have this five sentence (or more) dissertation of "types" of scan to email.

Meh.  Waste of time; you have digital filing or you don't.  By now, most people know if they have it.

Whenever you see a sudden influx of complaints about the same issue, especially this one, it is likely the servers that are having trouble.  We (Community) do not have any way to communicate with anyone who would actually know the answer.

Cloud Services used to post a contact number - try looking at the website:

HP Smart / HP Connected Login

Click Flag to switch to your region

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

My printer has started doing the same thing today as well. I have looked all over for solutions and I think there is something wrong with many of the HP printers because my printer was working fine until it threw this code and didn't stop.

HP Recommended

As I suspected, this was likely a HP-end problem because scan to email magically started working again. Erin, is that the case for you?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.