Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

@Dragon-Fur

Hi Dragon-Fur

Just wanted time make sure you see that this post is growing with others that have the same issue. I also have not heard from my multiple posts on FB Messager to HP Support. Thanks for your help here.

HP Recommended

Yes Davedepont, still waiting also. I tried updating my printer apps again today to see if there might have been a fix, but no good, still same issue! Really curious why the address changed to hp8.us. That is really odd to me.

Do any of the techs check these threads? I was going to try and call today but I figured with all of us having the same issue on here, it might be checked!

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue now.  Would be nice to get some response from hp.

HP Recommended

I wonder how long it'll take HP before they realize they have a significant bug in their software.  So... will the software automatically update with a fix?

HP Recommended

Just an update 

I received a response from FB Messager today. I provided him the link to this Community post again and the information for my printer. I will let you know if there is any progress. 

This was the response:

Hi Dave,

Thanks for reaching to HP Social Media Support.
I would be happy to help!

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We're extremely sorry about the delay.

May I know where are you located, which country?

Please help me with the exact serial, product number, and model of your product to help you better.
Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04559742 to know how to find the serial number of the product.

Regards,
Jayanthi- HP Social Media Support

Here was my response:

Country is USA and my printer serial number is TH7CC3S152A. model is HP ENVY Photo 7155

But as you can see from the Community post, this issue is happening for many people with different printers

Please visit here to see details

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/Scan-to-Email-not-sending-as-PDF/m-p/75735...

Please keep this issue in the forefront of this Community so that it is the most talked about!!

HP Recommended

I found a simple workaround.  First, save the file somewhere you can find it.  Yes.  Without a file extension.  Double click the file in the folder you saved it to and you will be prompted to select a program to open the file.  Select Adobe Acrobat.  The file will open in Adobe Acrobat.  Now you can save the file as a PDF.  I presume HP will address this issue post haste but until they do I hope this helps folks.  

HP Recommended

Hi Team

I have found a printer HP Support phone number:

1-800-474-6836

Support hours are:

M-F 8am-8pm ET

Sat 9am-8pm ET

I just missed the 8 pm time this evening.   If someone here can maybe try in the morning to see if you can reach a someone that might help us.  I won’t be able to try until the evening tomorrow. 
Worth a try 😀

Let us know and thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

Thanks Dave, I work in the morning, but I will give it a shot tomorrow and see if I can get through to anyone!

If anybody else gets thru, please post !!

HP Recommended

Yes.  That's what I've been doing.  But, but, it pretty lame to explain to my wife why we have to do that with our brand new printer.  Hopefully, HP already acknowledged this issue; and, working on a fix for the next firmware/software update.

HP Recommended

Ive done this as well, but the scans in Adobe Reader have a dark gray background. Not too sure how to get rid of that. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.