Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M277c6
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi all,

I'm using Apple (OS Catalina 10.15.6) and HP Color Laser Jet Pro MFP M277c6.

Scan to Email worked just fine for a few years, including changes I made to the password after my internet provider required this on their part.

A few weeks ago, the Scan to Email stopped working.

After placing the new password, it comes with error message:

"Username or password is incorrect. Ensure both user account and password are valid."

This error message is itself an error - my account and password are correct (they work for everything else).

I also tried turning the printer off and back on and re-configuring the printer's network connection.

Both the printer and the scanner work just fine with the computer (via wifi).

Somehow, when going online to the scanner, something goes wrong.

Does anyone have an idea what else could be done?

Thanks,

Ron.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RonTzur, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, I'd like to know the following: 

1.) Are you trying to perform scan to email from the printer's control panel or from your Mac? 

2.) Who is the Email provider? 

3.) Is your Email account configured in the mail account? 

4.) Is your printer connected to the Web-Services? 

5.) Are you able to login via web mail? Make sure you don’t use autofilled password in web browser. 

6.) Is there a 2-factor authentication setup? 

7.) Did you recently change the password?  

Try to reconfigure Scan to email setup

1. Confirm the following requirements for the scan to email feature. If you do not meet these requirements, you can manually attach the file to an email message by saving the scan to a folder on the computer.

• Scan to email works best when a local email client, such as Apple Mail, is installed and set up on the computer.

• Web-based email accounts (Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail) must be configured through your local email client to scan to them. Check your local email support site for additional information.

2. Start the scan.

• Printers with touchscreen or LCD menu control panels: From the Scan menu on the printer, select your computer name, and then select Email as PDF or Email as JPEG A new email message automatically opens on the computer.

Some Web-enabled HP printers have a Scan to Email app in the Apps menu that sends emails from the printer using your printer's ePrint email address.

• Printers with buttons only or printers without scan to email menu options: Continue to the next step to start the scan from the computer.

3. Open Finder , click Go in the top menu bar, click Applications, and then double-click Image Capture.

Apple Image Capture

4. Click your printer name in the Devices or Shared list, and then click Show Details at the bottom of the screen, if necessary.

After the preview of the scan displays, change the following settings:

• Scan Mode: Select the scanning bed or automatic document feeder.

• Scan to: Select Mail.

• Name: Type a name for the scan file.

• Format: Select the file type for the scan. When you select the PDF or TIFF format, the Combine into single document feature is available to save multiple page documents or multiple images into a single file.

5. Click Scan.

A new email message automatically opens with the scan attached.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem. I tried exactly what you said to do, but when I go to "Scan to," there is no Mail option. This happened a couple years ago, and since it was still under warranty, I was able to talk to an hp tech. He had me go on my computer to some settings somewhere and fixed the problem. Is there something else that will work? Please help! thanks in advance! 🙂

HP Recommended

@Petlvr

What model printer are you using?

Which email client are you using?

Did you try to re-setup scan to email on the printer?

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.