Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Pro MFP M225dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a LaserJet Pro MFP M225dw setup on my small office network.  I have used the "Scan to network folder" almost every day since I installed the printer 3 years ago and it always worked perfectly.  Yesterday I came back to my office from a trip and the printer had a message on it that it found new firmware and wanted to install it.  I said yes and after the update completed the scan to network folder options fails.  The firmware in the printer is 20180205.  The Windows 10 computer that holds the Network Scan folder is running ver 1809 and all of the SMB V1 options are installed.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should check next?  The printer still works fine as a network printer and only the scan to network folder function has stopped working. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@rjtrinka

Welcome to HP support community.

Set up the Scan to Network Folder feature via the HP Embedded Web Server again

1. Open the HP Embedded Web Server (EWS): a. From the Home screen on the product control panel, touch the Network button to display the IP address or host name. 54 Chapter 6 Scan ENWW b. Open a Web browser, and in the address line, type the IP address or host name exactly as it displays on the product control panel. Press the Enter key on the computer keyboard. The EWS opens.

2. Click the Scan tab.

3. On the left navigation pane, click the Network Folder Setup link.

4. On the Network Folder Configuration page, click the New button.

a. In the Network Folder Information section, enter the Display Name and Network Path. If required, enter the network Username and                    Password. NOTE: The network folder must be shared for this feature to work. It can be shared for only you or for other users.

b. Optional: To secure the folder from unauthorized access, enter a PIN in the Secure the Folder Access with a PIN section. This PIN will be           required every time someone uses the scan to network folder feature.

c. In the Scan Settings section, adjust the scan settings. Review all the information, then click Save and Test to save the information and              test the connection, or Save Only to save the information only

You can refer page no.54 in this printer user guide for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers. 

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.