Did you mean: 
CoachClark
Level 1
11 10 0 3
Message 1 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scan to Network Folder not working after update to Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra

I have been on the phone with HP for 4 days with no resolution to the no scanning since I upgraded to High Sierra.  I had Apple on the phone with HP today for an hour...no resolution.

I had another phone call later today for an additional 2 hours with a Senior Apple Tech...no resolution.

We tried to update the firmware and the link did not work.  It downloaed but it would not install.

I have been a loyal HP user for decades.  If this doesn't get fixed, I hate to say tha I may need to go to another manufacturer...I really don't want to.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
7,692 7,685 423 589
Message 2 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @CoachClark,

Thank you for your reply, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

Rainbow23
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the Accept as Solution button, Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
CoachClark
Level 1
11 10 0 3
Message 3 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No help or assistance has been received. Very disappointing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
LPL_PDX
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have been having the same problem- 3 hours on the phone with HP support and charged $39 since the product was a few months out of warranty.

Are you getting the message that the scanner cannont write to the destination folder?  I have tested the folder from the printer's webpage and it works but if the document is more than half a page of information it seems to "time out" on me and give me this error message.

HP support thought it might be an issue with my internet, but this problem started happening the day I upgraded my OS.

0 Kudos
CoachClark
Level 1
11 10 0 3
Message 5 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I got the same error message. Supposedly they have escalated it again. Still waiting.

The work-around is to use a thumb drive in the scanner and scan to it.
0 Kudos
LPL_PDX
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'll try that!  Support tried to get me to set up scan to email, but that added too many steps in my opinion for transferring. 

Keep me posted and good luck!!!

0 Kudos
orinoco_womble
4 4 0 1
Message 7 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, scanning black and white and 75dpi works, but too much data fails. HP Scan app on the iMac works for me, but frustrating the printer function doesn’t work with High Sierra.
0 Kudos
orinoco_womble
4 4 0 1
Message 8 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Rainbow23,

Thanks for posting.

With respect it is not CoachClark's issue, and a serial number won't help.  This entire thread demonstrates the issue clearly.  It is a problem with your printer model HP Color LaserJet MFP M277dw, which occured after your clients upgraded to Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra.

Can you, or someone at HP, respond to this ongoing issue?  It would be helpful to hear that an engineering team is looking into it, and an expected resolution timeframe.

Regards,

O_W

0 Kudos
npowers83
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK...SOOO glad that someone else posted this issue.  I thought I was going nuts, and/or finally lost my ability to do basic troubleshooting.

I also have the MFP M277 (although, the c6 model from Costco), and am having the same issue.  I can use the "Test" function through the web portal just fine, and it passes no problem.  But any time I scan to my desktop folder, it will initially begin to write the file (I'll see it create a new file in the folder), and then the file will be deleted, and the screen on the printer will still show as scanning.

Not sure if this is a High Sierra issue or HP issue, but it seems to be isolated (from my limited research) to the High Sierra update.

Additionally, I've checked folder permissions, have tried creating a whole new folder, and have tried both the IP address as well as computer name as options for directing to the folder path, and all seem to work and connect fine; it just seems to be an issue with writing to the folder in High Sierra.

Hopefully there'll be some resolution here; if anyone figures it out (or hears something useful from HP Support), PLEASE post an answer here!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
LN85
Level 1
2 2 0 5
Message 10 of 10
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fix the **bleep** issue already, HP! We've been waiting for ages on a fix!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation