marcol99
Level 2
13 12 0 4
Message 61 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scan to Network Folder not working after update to Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra

Right!  Size does matter!

I've tried.  If it's of a size of a bank cheque, scan resolution up to 150 dpi is fine can be scanned to folder at the panel without issue.  However, if it's of A4 size and colored, then the max resolution is 75dpi.

0 Kudos
FSREI
1 1 0 0
Message 62 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you obtain a solution for this? Did it end up working itself out? I am experiencing this at the moment.

0 Kudos
JameCurt
4 3 0 0
Message 63 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No solution yet that I am aware of.  And a recent review of this thread indicates no one else has a solution either?

0 Kudos
Marcosi
Level 1
5 4 0 1
Message 64 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can stop writing here guys. HP couldn't care less. I don't think they had such incompetent software engineers that can fix this before lunch.

"If" there is an conflict where they need access from Apple it might take a very long time and HP would never inform us. They have more important things to do.

0 Kudos
CoachClark
Level 1
11 10 0 3
Message 65 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have had no resolve although I did see a recent update to the Easy Scan application. I am hesitant in downloading it. Not sure what it will do. I wish they would have at least mentioned it was a fix for...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
leefis
Level 2
6 5 0 6
Message 66 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi statreal,

Thanks for the sugestion. Under System Preferences->Sharing.  Select  service ' File Sharing' and then Right click on the Shared Folder that I want to scan to (mine is very creatively called 'Printer Shared') and select 'Advanced Options'. Unfortunately, the option 'only allow SMB encrypted connections' is already unchecked.   

Your suggestion  "encrypted SMB connections not allowed" is not available, so I am guessing you meant the wording above.

Heres a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 17.43.25.png

Leefis

0 Kudos
stevegut78
Level 1
6 6 0 2
Message 67 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It doesn't do anything.  I happened to build a new Hackintosh and loaded OS 10.13.2 fresh along with this latest "Easy Scan" and same result.  My m477 is now is the surface that I put my mail on since I'm not using it for scanning.  I will update Amazon reviews warning everyone to steer clear of this crap.

0 Kudos
leefis
Level 2
6 5 0 6
Message 68 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi stevegut78:

I also just tried the newest software driver update 2.8.0.177 MacOS 10.13 8.3MB Dec 12th, 2017, and it doesn't work for me either.  In the Network Folder I see the same behavior. A pdf very briefly appears but then disappears. Then I get the error on the printer  'Cannot write to (My Scan Folder Path). Destination is read-only, has the wrong permissions, or is no longer available'.

-After this update and first try I restarted the printer and tried again, no help.

-Going to the Network Folder (destination for my scans) and checking permissions (Read & Write for everyone and same also for subfolders) did not help or change the error message. 

As I mentioned earlier, my workaround for the time being has been to scan to a network drive (Synology NAS), which I can then access from my Mac. Not for everyone, but I had the setup already.

leefis

0 Kudos
ADR1974
Level 2
14 14 0 3
Message 69 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Spoiler

My workaround (FWIW): I set up scan to email. Scans go to my gmail account (which is forwarded to my iCloud email account). On th iCloud account, I set up a 'Scans' folder, and a rule which automatically forwards all scans from the HP to that folder. Works well...scans end up on all my devices. A viable solution for a single user, but if you're scanning to a network folder so items can be shared, it's probably not for you.

0 Kudos
Cofresi
Level 1
10 8 0 3
Message 70 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you explain how did you use your NAS to scan? I have a NAS and would like to use it for now.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation