Highlighted
LN85
Level 1
2 2 0 5
Message 81 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scan to Network Folder not working after update to Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra

HP, please fix this! The fact that two topics about the same issue are "trending" on your forum should mean something ...

stevegut78
Level 1
6 6 0 2
Message 82 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Welcome to the club!  This thread is now a "What printer am I replacing my HP printer with" thread.  Since HP is a bunch of slackers I'm personally going with Lexmark.  I bought this printer 7mo ago and can't use the scan function to network folder. And scan to email with 2 factor authentication with Gmail is broken too.  F(&#K HP.

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
CoachClark
Level 1
11 10 0 3
Message 83 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear HP,

Do your technicians and/or Executives ever look at what we post?

Most of us have been long-time HP owners (over 25 years for me). For many of us we use this printer for work or business. To not have the scanning option fully functional is not an option for us.

It’s just unheard of for a company not to support or to communicate the progress (or lack of) of an ongoing issue.

My personal business cannot go any longer without a full scanning option.

If there was a mass return of these printers, maybe that would make a statement...or maybe not.

If I can find a laser printer/scanner/fax, I will have to make the change.

HP, please support your customers as we have supported you all these years.
niko81160
Level 1
5 5 0 3
Message 84 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
vstath
4 4 0 0
Message 85 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So I've temporary solved my problem by installing Ubuntu 16.04 Samba on a NanoPi (similar to Raspberry pi). It's not what I wanted and it still has glitches (VERY DISSATISFYING for a printer of 400 EUR) but it works ok(ish).

If you have a Raspberry Pi around you can follow this guide: https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/samba-file-server/

It's NOT what I want and HP should support SMB protocol properly. I need to see how many days I still have left to return this printer so I can check my options.

I am extremely dissatisfied because I bought this device for double sided scanning with feeder and it's giving me huge headaches.

Now I also realized the ADF decided to scan one side only with network save and I have to solve this as well to be the default setting.

VERY UNPLEASANT EXPERIENCE

0 Kudos
vstath
4 4 0 0
Message 86 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't like to complain but... I have a printer that costs 400 EUR. It has an LCD where (after browsing through the forums) I can activate double sided scanning by default.

Then it has a web server where I can configure the da*n thing and, when I do so, the configuration does not include all options so (naturally, duh why should it work properly!) the ADF settings fall back to default 1 sided.

When I got back to LCD, I can only select 300 DPI scanning (in the web server options I can select 600 DPI).

And I'm sitting here now, thinking to myself how much of an idiot I was to believe a printer of that caliber would actually have basic things sorted out.

BASICS like same options for LCD and web server.

I'm not even going to features like be able to control the printer via API and execute scanning automatically in order to save the 3-4 LCD clicks I need now. I'm referring to this (one of the many links) https://answers.launchpad.net/hplip/+question/245985 or this http://bernaerts.dyndns.org/linux/74-ubuntu/264-ubuntu-hp-mfp-scanner-scantofolder (but this printer does not have notifications.xml, of course 🙂

Again, if any of the devs are reading this... This is not how it should be, guys.

0 Kudos
stevegut78
Level 1
6 6 0 2
Message 87 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I got my workaround... It may not apply to everyone but my router has a USB port for file sharing and I had a 128GB stick in it.  Setup a file share from my router.  Plugged in the credentials on the HP printer/Web Interface and it works.  Not a bad alternative if you have a router that has file sharing built-in.

rg2379
Level 1
1 1 0 5
Message 88 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How is this still not fixed?!! HP, what are you doing?

MBO72
2 2 0 2
Message 89 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is now going on for 3 months and I am tired of my scan to email workaround ... I have given up on HP and just ordered a Canon printer ...

Tags (1)
niko81160
Level 1
5 5 0 3
Message 90 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It seems to be the same problem with Canon no?

@MBO72 wrote:

I have given up on HP and just ordered a Canon printer ...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation