Did you mean: 
ADR1974
Level 2
14 14 0 3
Message 91 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scan to Network Folder not working after update to Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra

I actually have this working now....if anyone is still around and wants the fix (or what did it for me), let me know.

0 Kudos
szech
2 2 0 1
Message 92 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, please!

0 Kudos
ADR1974
Level 2
14 14 0 3
Message 93 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Okay, here goes...and I've had this problem for ages...and this did it for me, and has worked repeatedly on scans of all DPIs...this is NOT scientific...so not sure which steps are required/not required...but the last step is a must....

1. Update the printer's firmware...there was an update issued earlier in 2019

2. Remove the printer and then add it back (prob not necessary...but was part of what I did, so....)

3. Set up your shared folder, and make sure all permissions are set to 'read and write'. 

4. In your mac, under settings-->sharing, click 'Options'. Make sure 'Share files and folders using SMB' is checked, and then (this seems to be what's necessary, and what I didn't have checked before) make sure your user account under 'Windows FIle Sharing:' is checked (will require you to enter your password). 

Hope this works for you...any questions, let me know.

0 Kudos
simschla
1 1 0 0
Message 94 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nope, didn't work for me... :Crying:

0 Kudos
ADR1974
Level 2
14 14 0 3
Message 95 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

C'mon...really? This worked on all three of or macs...sorry Simschla!

0 Kudos
Durata
1 1 0 0
Message 96 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I happened to have this same issue and stumbled on this multi-page cry for help. I wanted to report that after installing firmware HP_LaserJet_Pro_M277_Series_FW_Update_20190419 I'm able to scan to my mac network folder without issue. I noticed in the release notes that it does list a few "Scan to Network" issues resolved. 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-color-laserjet-pro-mfp-m277-series/7089945/model...

FYI I'm running Mac OSX 10.14.5. Hope this helps any of you still using the HP equipment 🙂

0 Kudos
schroef
Level 1
9 7 0 0
Message 97 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Though im on older OSX (10.11.6) i also have this issue with not being able to scan to network folder. It doesnt give any feedback which is useful. LCD states "general error", well very usefull guys. Doing it throught the browser also does not give  a specific. How hard is to add catch(e) to catch any errors?

The HP itself even guides me to a none excisting local page which should be the printer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mamherst
6 4 0 0
Message 98 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've had this issue for year and it is finally working. I downloaded the latest firmware update for the printer (in spite of the fact I'm running Catalina - the update only appeared for the last version of High Sierra). I also followed the advice about repairing sharing permissions from earlier in this thread/another thread: https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/29/apple-macos-high-sierra-file-sharing-fix/

0 Kudos
schroef
Level 1
9 7 0 0
Message 99 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

For me that doesnt help me on 10.11.6 I think its even irralavent for me because im still on 10.11.6

0 Kudos
Cofresi
Level 1
10 8 0 3
Message 100 of 101
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It partially worked for me, I was able to save it to the network folder I created on my Mac,  however only for a scan with 150dpi resolution, if I use a higher resolution I get the dreaded message that the folder is read-only and won't save the scan.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation