Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

It's indicative of my age that my best mate is called Mathusalem!👀

HP Recommended

I have opened my HP Officejet 8620 software, but I don't see the link you are referring to about manage scan to computer.  Help.

HP Recommended

I have had this problem for months now.  When I follow the instructions (solved) it fixes the problem and functions as it should, only for it to re-appear the next day.  I just ignore the red x icon and only go through the procedure again when I need to use it.

HP Recommended

I have given up trying to fix this. Instead I use the EWS (web page) Web Scan. It scans to a browser from where you can save it as PDF or JPEG.

I think this ability may be disabled by default. To enable it (from the EWS web page) go to the Settings Tab, select Security/Administrator Settings on the left-hand menu. Put a check mark next to "Webscan" and click on "Apply." It works for me!

HP Recommended

I finally contacted HP Technical Support about the issue.   They took over my computer by remote, and then uninstalled and then reinstalled the software for my printer.  That solved the issue.

HP Recommended

Your solution for this problem on OfficeJet Pro 8620 works, but it's neccessary to manually repeat every time the system awakes from sleep mode. The bug doesn't appear when booting after a reset or after power off, only after sleep mode.

Isn't there a way to resolve it permanently?

Anyway, thank you so much for your help!

HP Recommended

The fix for me was simple.  The WiFi connection on the printer was turned Off.   Turn it on, error message went away. Scan to Computer worked fine.
Printer is set up USB and Net

HP Recommended

I am the OP for this thread and I  can tell you that having my printer's wifi disabled was NOT the problem! 

HP Recommended

Look again - nowhere did I suggest that was your issue / solution.!
" The solution for ME "  When I enabled my WiFi my error notice went away.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.