Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

I cant get my HP Officejet Pro 7740 to scan and email A3 pages,  Instead it only scans the A4 area of my A3 page.

Drivers are up to date, i have already followed the instruction of the following video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUt0l2twReM
This works when you want to scan the document on your PC.

My problem is that I go to the printers touch screen and I select APPS -> then SCAN TO EMAIL -> i choose the email and then scan...when the printer sends the pdf its not A3 but A4

Any help would be most appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer supports the HP Scan application or the HP Connected Scan to Email app, it does not support any other digital filing capabilities.

The Scan to Email app supports US Letter (Document) or 4 x 6 (Photo) scanning only, it does not support any other original size.

To scan A3 you must use the HP Scan software, either from your HP printer software or from the printer front panel, to perform a such for the printer the scan shortcut must be set to A3, scanning a such from the printer must involve your HP Scan software

Open your HP Software, select Scan and then Scan a Document or Photo and select any of the default shortcuts.

Set the Source as Flatbed Glass and the Size as A3, click OK and press the disk icon to save the settings changes.

Now select Scan > Computer > Your computer name and select the configured shortcut from the printer screen.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Nio_be,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Are you able to make a copy in A3?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Please try the steps mentioned below.

1. Select Web Services on the front panel., then Settings.
2. Select 'remove web services' and wait for the services to be eliminated.
3. Once this is complete, you will return to the home page.
4. Select the Web Services icon on the printer and go through the steps to set up Web Services once again.
5. You will be provided a more recent code. Later on, you can utilize this code to add the printer to your eprintcenter.com/ hpconnected.com account utilizing this code.
6. You may or may not be required to create a different email address.
7. Try another scan to email and check.
to

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I am able to copy in A3.

I have tried your provided steps and unfortunately it didn’t work.

Also now the scan to email app disappeared and when i go to APPS and select Update print Apps, does nothing.

IMG_7380.jpg

HP Recommended

@Nio_be,

I recommend you update the printer firmware following the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02919168

If you continue facing the issue, follow the below steps.

Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.

Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.

Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.

Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)

Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.

Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for the reply,

The printer is updated to the latest available firmware.

I managed to get the Apps back, but I still have the same problem.
When using the scan to email app I can choose to scan photo or document.
I've tried both of them, and the scanning send was A4 size.

I had the lid open when scanning and I could see the scanner stopping at A4 size.

I have checked printer settings, both on the device and website and there is nowhere to configure scanning size.

HP Recommended

@Nio_be,

I recommend you change the scan page size settings from the EWS page.

Please refer to the below article step 4 for detailed instructions.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03953891

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ The_Fossette

I cannot view the article

HP Recommended

@@Nio_be,

Please follow the below steps.

In the left navigation pane, click E-mail options to configure the default email options.

1. In the Default Subject and Body Text area, complete the following fields:

1. In the E-mail Subject field, enter a default subject line for the email messages.

2. In the Body Text field, enter a custom default message for the email messages.

3. Select Show body text to enable the default body text to display in emails.

4. Select Hide body text to suppress the default body text for an email.

2. In the Scan Settings area, complete the following fields:

1. From the Scan File Type drop-down, select the default file format for scanned files.

2. From the Scan Paper Size drop-down, select the default paper size for scanned files.

3. From the Scan Resolution drop-down, select the default resolution for scanned files.

NOTE: 

Higher resolution images have more dots per inch (dpi), so they show more detail. Lower resolution images have fewer dots per inch and show less detail, but the file size is smaller.

4. From the Output Color drop-down, select Black & White or Color.

5. In the File Name Prefix field, enter a file name prefix (e.g., MyScan).

3. Click Apply.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Officejet Pro 7740 printer supports the HP Scan application or the HP Connected Scan to Email app, it does not support any other digital filing capabilities.

The Scan to Email app supports US Letter (Document) or 4 x 6 (Photo) scanning only, it does not support any other original size.

To scan A3 you must use the HP Scan software, either from your HP printer software or from the printer front panel, to perform a such for the printer the scan shortcut must be set to A3, scanning a such from the printer must involve your HP Scan software

Open your HP Software, select Scan and then Scan a Document or Photo and select any of the default shortcuts.

Set the Source as Flatbed Glass and the Size as A3, click OK and press the disk icon to save the settings changes.

Now select Scan > Computer > Your computer name and select the configured shortcut from the printer screen.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

thank you very much Shlomi, in that case we will use the HP Scan software

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.