Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 7740
Other

Today I have been trying to use the App "scan to email" on my HP7740.  I select Scan to Email and a message appears "The printer cannot connect to web services.  The server may be busy or temporarily unavailable. Try again later".  It worked yesterday; how do I resolve?  UPDATE: I have checked the printer IP address online. The Web Services Settings has a "green check mark", Web services status= enabled, Internet connection=  connected, Printer connection to HP Connected= connected.

Also FIRMWARE is up-to-date.  I have turn off the printer, unplugged it and restarted. 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same problem described by Sglmma.   I have an HP Envy 7645.     I have been scanning to e-mail for some time, and yesterday, I got the same message described.    I checked the IP address online as well.   However, at Web Services Settings, it just repeats the message "The printer cannot connect to web services.  The server may be busy or temporarily unavailable. Try again later".

I went to drivers and downloaded the firmware update, however, it does not let me install it, as it says that the firmware status is up to date.

I am now scanning by taking photos of a document with my phone and e-mailing.   Not a good solution.

HP Recommended

I have a HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 with the same problem.  Had no issues on 10-14-20, now I cannot connect to Web Services and therefore not scan anything.  Keep getting the same message as previous posters.

HP Recommended

@sglmma & @Frustrated789 & @Puma1, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps from the document HP Printers - Cannot Connect to Web Services to isolate and resolve the issue.

If you still have issues, please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am also experiencing this same problem since 10/15/20 and was able to use my printer to scan documents to my email just fine days before. The problem is not wireless as I can still print wireless. The issue is with connecting to HP Web Services. 

"The server might be busy or temporarily unavailable." 

This sounds like an issue with HP servers. No troubleshooting listed on their suggestions have helped this situation. 

HP Recommended

@Teab, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The answer from HP did not help.   I had already gone through the steps for connecting to web services.   When I type in the IP and click on Web Services, I get the same error I got before, which is "cannot connect to web services......."

By the looks of the other responses on the page, the web services have somehow disconnected around October 14 or 15.   We all were scanning just fine.   I am connected to the internet.   The problem rests with HP Web Services.   

Can we get a helpful resolution from HP?

HP Recommended

@TEJ1602

No, this did not resolve the issue.  FYI- i can receive emails on my printer when I use the printers email address.  This confirms to me all is working on my end.  Agree with @Frustrated789, this recently became an HP Web Services issues.  I will leave this "community support" area and go to HP Customer Support.

HP Recommended

I visited HP Customer Support web page and see a notice to UPDATE Firmware for Web services issues.  As I stated in my earlier email today, my printer automatically receives all updates.  For giggles, I just checked again and the printers firmware is up-to-date.  Just to reiterate, I can email the printer and the printer receives/prints email but I CAN'T scan to email.  I love my HP products and just need some "support".  As a reminder, I have gone through all the steps prior to starting this conversation.

The firmware update DID NOT fix this issue.  (Oh, I do have the HP App on my iPad and Yes, I can scan to my iPad and email out the document.... BUT I want to Scan to Email from the printer)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.