Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scan to email does not work

Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
When I try to scan to email, I get an error "Cannot connect to server". This printer is on a wireless network. I can print to this printer from my computer, I can print from the internet, so I don't think the problem is the router. It was working and suddenly stopped working. I have rebooted the printer a few times. I tried downloading and running the "Scan Doctor". It said is found and fixed problems, but it still doesn't work.
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
4,095 4,043 209 168
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scan to email does not work

@DianeS2

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's remove and add web services:

1. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, touch (HP ePrint), and then touch (Web Services Settings).

2. Touch Remove Web Services.

3. Restart the router and the printer.

4. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, touch ( Setup ).

5. Touch Web Services.

6. Touch Yes to accept the Web Services terms of setup.

7. The printer will automatically check updates and set up Web Services.

8. Touch OK when you see Web Services have been set up successfully.

9. When the printer is connected to the server, the printer prints an information page, and shows Web Services Summary on the screen.

Once done, try scan to email again.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation