Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I tried to scan to email today, and for some reason it says log in credentials are not valid (or something like that) I don't think I changed my email log in credentials, however I went in and reconfigured, deleted that outgoing email setting and set it all back up again, and can't get this to work.  Anyone have any help?  

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

What email service do you use? this may also occur due to any security changes for your email account that preventing the printer from connecting.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

google.... 

HP Recommended

Hi,
A such may occur due to your Google account security settings.

First, open the following link and login to the same account as you set for the printer.

Note: if you are connected, sign out from your account, select your account and manually enter the password to ensure you indeed use the correct password, then click on Security from the left pane:
https://myaccount.google.com/security

Within the Signing in to Google section, check the "2-Step Verification" velue.

If it is set as "On", create and use an App-Specific Password with the printer:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

If it is set as "Off", Within the Less secure app access section ensure that the feature is on.

If it is Off, click on Turn on access (not recommended) and toggle on the feature. Otherwise, the verification will fail.
Once you are done run a test for the outgoing user profile and check if the problem been resolved.

Regards,
Shlomi

HP Recommended

So there is no button for the 2 step verification for some reason, however in my less secure app access section, it's toggled to ON.  I changed that when i was trying to trouble shoot why I couldn't scan to email a few days ago.  Been busy since then, and now am trying to do the suggestions you stated, but still not working... thoughts?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Enabling the Google Authentication app may add a security layer that prevents the printer from connecting and can remove the 2-Steps Verification option too.

Try checking the 2-Steps verification option using below direct link:

https://myaccount.google.com/signinoptions/two-step-verification

HP Recommended

so still dont' have the option you are speaking of, so I tried a yahoo email address, didn't work.  Tried another google account I have and that didn't work.  

HP Recommended

Hi,

For the other Google Account, did you verify the security settings for this account too? on the matter of 2-Steps Verification or Allow Less Secure Apps?

For yahoo, you may use an App Password, the standard password will be rejected.

Follow the below steps to creat a third-party app password to be used with the printer:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/generate-third-party-passwords-sln15241.html

Use below SMTP Server details for Yahoo:

• Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
  • Port - 465 or 587
  • Requires SSL / TLS - Yes
  • Requires authentication - Yes
  • Your full email address should be used as the User
  • The generated third-party app password should be used as the password.

HP Recommended

man, the 2 step thing is just not an option for my google account, don't see it anywhere, and the app password thing isn't there either, not in google or my sbcglobal account, following all the screens you told me to go to, and they are just not there.  

HP Recommended

This is something to check with Google, these options are generally available for Google Users, I can't say why these are not available for your specific user.

What I meant to ask, as you tried 2 different Google Accounts, have you checked and verified if the option is not available for both users, to log off from the security settings page, switch to the other user and check there too.

And for the Yahoo account, have you tried the settings as suggested in my previous post?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.