Drew8
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scan to email

Officejet pro 8720
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I am trying to setup scan to email using my gmail and it keeps telling me invalid username and password.  I know my login is correct and i am using the smtp  of smtp.gmail.com and port 465. Why isnt it working. I am also using MacOs High Sierra. 

1 REPLY 1
Level 16
Level 16
26,119 25,847 4,618 10,118
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scan to email

Hi,
Please ensure you check SSL/TLS while configuring Gmail too with your full email and Gmail password..

As well verify below Gmail security settings:

First open the following link and ensure you are logged on to the same account as you are setting for the printer.
https://myaccount.google.com/

Within the Sign-in & security section click on Signing in to Google and ensure that "2-Step Verification" is set as "Off".

Within the left pane click on Connected apps & sites and ensure that "Access for less secure apps" is set as "ON", otherwise the verification will fail.

Within the left pane click on Device activity & notifications, witin the 'Recent security events' section click the Review events link and ensure there are no blocked connection attempt (it will be highlighted in red) , if there is any alert follow the steps on screen to ensure there is no block for that device.

Once you are done run a test for the outgoing user profile and check if the problem been resolved.

Regards,
Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation