Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

also have this issue with scan to network folder. Im on osx 10.11.6 and ive tried different method of the shared folder in the different locations. I checked if SMB settings are checked under Network > Advanced Settings, all 3 checkboxes are checked.

Im using my computers ip \\192.168.1.132\Scans, this folder is a shared folder with all settings checked in the options. Ive tried this for using the standard Public folder on OSX and none of this works. Some times it goes passed the setup phase, but when i test the scanner i always get "General Error" in return. This error is to no help at all. There is however one thing i noticed. When the test fails, you can edit the settings again. I noticed that a lot of times the password ive entered before now has changed. i have a suprt simpl password of numbers, 5 numbers in total. But i noticed the lenght of this password has suddenly changed. But reentering the correct pw does still does not solve this issue. 

The systems are connect over Wifi, printing works fine, scanning to computer using EWF does work. So scan to computer automatically puts the scan in the photos folder. Weird enough that all works fine. Also scanning from the computer works fine, the one which opens a new browser window and shows the scan.

Ive made sure i got all updates and all versions there the latest available.

attached is the setup page with the password changing all the time. Not sure why that happens.
Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 12.25.31.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

PS i just tried using a different method as settings which seems to work. Instead adding the username and pw, i set it to "Use current logged in user". Weird enough this does work.

So my guess its either something with my PW or its some issue with trying to connect while the user is already logged in.

Still want to resolve the issue though

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 12.50.40.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.