Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Remco3
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scan to searchable PDF from OfficeJet Pro 8710

This is absurd! I am having exactly the same problem for the same type of printer (just using Windows 10 and not Mac OS). Scanning a document to a searchable PDF is a basic function that was already available in HP printers more than 15 years ago. So why the secrecy about "the further course of action that cannot be shared in a public post"? The solution to this should be available to everyone and not this complicated... Please post!

2 REPLIES 2
Level 16
Level 16
25,631 25,361 4,547 9,894
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the HP Print and Scan Doctor utility by selecting Fix Scanning, if you are prompt to install the full feature HP Software be sure to follow the steps on screen to install the Full Feature Software, including the IRIS OCR software:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

Once installing the Full Feature Software open the printer software and select Scan, select Scan a Document or Photo and from there select Searchable PDF

Shlomi

2019_MeetupAward_Signature_FINAL(1).png
Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
CIO-Joe
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree that it is absurd for an HP Employee providing answers on a support forum to say they can not share the answer.  It is even worse for HP to have folks who are not HP employees posting hyperlinks to unverified .exe files BECAUSE the HP employee refused to provide an answer to the question!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation