Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 7510
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Using HP Scan I can scan a document, but when I go to File>Save, the SAVE button remains grayed out no mater what I do.

I'm connected wirelessly to my Mac Pro running Ver. 10.12.3 Sierra

The Version of HP Scan is 4.4.1(21) and I have downloaded and installed the latest HP drivers Ver. 12.34

The printer has Version 151210 firmware.

Using HP Easy Scan works correctly, but with Easy Scan, I cannot adjust the mode or resolution which I'd like to do.

Any help would be appreciated.  If I've forgotten any information  that would be helpful, please let me know.

Thanks for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

HP Scan is incompatible with Sierra.

From your Applications folder or its HP subfolder delete any existing HP Scan or HP Easy Scan application, delete it by moving it to trash, then empty the trash.

Next install the latest HP Easy Scan below, it will be installed within the Applications folder:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-easy-scan-1_...

Finally, ensure your drivers are up to date by clicking the Apple icon, select About this Mac and then press Software Update.
Click Store on the top menu bar, click Reload Page, click Update All if any updated are available.

You may set the Resolution and Mode within theHP Easy Scan as within HP Scan...

If you cannot please clarify what exact behavior occurs once you try setting it.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

From your Applications folder or its HP subfolder delete any existing HP Scan or HP Easy Scan application, delete it by moving it to trash, then empty the trash.

Next install the latest HP Easy Scan below, it will be installed within the Applications folder:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Installations/Essentials/hp-easy-scan-1_...

Finally, ensure your drivers are up to date by clicking the Apple icon, select About this Mac and then press Software Update.
Click Store on the top menu bar, click Reload Page, click Update All if any updated are available.

If you cannot please clarify what exact behavior occurs once you try setting it.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

That fixed it!  Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

a incompatible application will not even run in sierra, so i assume this was eventually upated, as i used it in sierra and high sierra without issue, only now in mojave do i have the inability to save, but it still runs and functions properly. as an app that almost entirely utilizes automater and open libraries i struggle to understand why it would be entirely replaced with a near identical app with an extra word in the name. this does not seem to be a complete solution as trying to scan at the highest quality possible which for me is 1200dpi as a png the size is about 100MB less in easy scan than in HP Scan. I didn't delete HP scan, i simply found easy scan and installed it for the first time, i would like a fix for HP scan though, otherwise i want a partial refund for the functionality i just lost 

HP Recommended

can you at least direct me to the exact path in mac os x that the temporary file is stored until the user selects a destination for it to be saved or decides not to save it   ? That way i can extract this scanned image at least. Its ok if its a hidden directory or path that requires escelated priveleges, i just need the path

@ShlomiL wrote:

Hi,

Regards,
Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot ShlomiL, fixed same problem for me too!

HP Recommended

Hi ShlomiL,

I'm using an hp officejet pro 8610 all-in-one printer and a MacBook air with OS 10.12.6.

Wireless printing and scanning just work fine. But since a couple of weeks I can't save my scanned items anymore to anything else but the "pictures" folder in the "users" folder (which I normally never use). Before I could save the scanned items to any folder I would choose in the "where" window (in the window that opens when you click the "send" button in the scan window). Now if I choose any other place than "pictures", HP easy scan will just hang.

I did everything you describe in your explanation below. I would be glad if you find a solution. Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi again,

I also tried with the latest version of HP easy scan 1.9.1 (120). The problem is the same.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.