Level 1
14 10 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scan wouldn't work; now can't connect to printer wirelessly

HP Envy 7645
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I tried to scan a document from my printer yesterday. I opened the printer application and it connected to the device properly. I tried to open the scan application, but it never connected (didn't bring up the scan window). I tried the Print and Scan Doctor and it said that I didn't have the full software solution installed. I selected the Install Software button. It downloaded something. I pick the Start Over button and I get the Device Setup and Software screen. I click the new device connection option and then select the wireless option. My device shows up in the list. I select the device and click Next. I get the Unsuccessful Network Installation screen. I select Retry and it fails every time. I have successfully connected with a USB cable. I have successfully (supposedly) changed the USB connection to a wireless connection, but the wireless doesn't work. What the heck happened? (I can successfully connect to the printer from my iPad.) I am beyond frustrated. This connection has worked flawlessly since I originally installed the printer and now nothing.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
847 770 57 341
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for posting question.. you need to install hp full software to enable it..

follow this post

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/It-is-a-MUST-to-install-software-on-your-Computer/m-p/...

Thanks

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
14 10 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry, I posted the following to your linked post. Here is my response.

I ran the Easy Start, it located my printer, it downloaded the software, and now I am still in the loop of attempting to make a wireless connection to my printer and it says that the device was unable to be installed over the network. Yesterday I tried a wired connection that seemed to work, but was unable to convert the wired connection to a wireless one. This is getting very frustrating. The connection was working just the other day, but now it is not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
14 10 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

To add information to what I posted, I also have tried to use the Print and Scan Doctor to find and fix the problem. It identifies both a wireless and USB connection to my printer. If I select the wireless version, it attempts to communicate with the printer, fails, and tells me that I don't have the full software solution installed on my computer. Considering that I deleted the printer software and reinstalled it from the HP website, I find it hard to believe that I don't have the full software solution installed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
14 10 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No other help from anyone? I have tried pretty much everything that I know to do. I disabled the firewall in the hope that it was the problem, but no such luck. It just doesn't want to make a wireless connection to my computer. I am connecting to the 5G network on my computer, but only connecting to the 2G network on the printer, but that hasn't been an issue before. All other devices can connect (iPads, phones) but not the computer.

0 Kudos
Level 1
14 10 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's completely magic!! My wireless connection started working again. I don't know how, but it's just fine now. Totally weird.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation