Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I have been trying with following HP scanners:

1)HP Laserjet 1536 MFP version: 1.0.302.0
2)HP Officejet 8600 PLUS version: 28.0.1315.0
3)HP Officejet PRO 8720 version: 40.12.1161.1856

When I scan the document pdf, output pdf document does not adhere to pdf standards. I tried with following validators, they all say document does not conform to pdf standard

We need this to adhere to  pdf 1.4 standard or above. Otherwise the system will not accept the pdf document. 

When I asked the vendor, they say it is something to do with device drivers. They have installed the latest drivers. Is there a solution for this? Can these office scanners set any one time configuration so it can provide pdf files conform pdf standards?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@ThusyA,

Welcome to HP Forums,

I see from your post you're having issues while scanning PDF's. I'll be glad to assist you.

Just want to check if you're having issues only while scanning or are you able to print using PDF's.

I would personally suggest you follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Printers - Cannot Print PDFs from Adobe Reader (Windows)

I hope this answers your question, do let me know if you need any further assistance.

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Jeet_singh,

Thanks for replying. The link you provided is about printing pdf.

Problem is with scanning. When documents are scanned using above-mentioned scanners, they output scanned pdf which does not conform to pdf standards. I have given all the details above in the question.

Please check and provide us a solution.

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

@ThusyA,

I'm glad you pointed out as I wanted to check if you're having issues only while scanning or even while printing.

In this scenario, I would suggest you try to save the images in Jpeg format and then save these images on Microsoft word and then save it as PDF and check how it goes.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Jeet_singh,

Yes scanning as image and pasting it in word and converting pdf will work as MS Office word to pdf conversion will provide pdf that conforms to pdf standards. But that is additional hassle. Because there will be about 40, 50 documents in daily basis as it large organization. Customer already considering alternative products. particular CANON scanner seems to provide pdf that adheres the standard.

Is there a way configure these scanners so that they provide pdf standard complaince pdfs or is there any other HP scanner provide it? Please provide us solution. This orgainization has about 20+ scanners if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks in advance,

HP Recommended

@ThusyA,

In this scenario, I would personally suggest you contact our HP support team so that they can remotely take control of your PC and help you check the settings.

HP support team can be reached on www.hp.com/contacthp

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.  Apologies for jumping in here.

Another consideration would be a 3rd party Scan software: VueScan.

Overview of VueScan

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.