Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Scanned image is covering my desktop view. I cannot delete it.

ENVY7800 All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I updated the printer software yesterday so that I could scan from the printer glass. Software loaded fine and scanning from the printer glass worked great. I saved the scanned image in my Documents. However, the scanned image is now covering my desktop screen. I cannot delete it. There is no task running to support the appearance of this image.  How can I get rid of it?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
12,232 12,184 1,225 2,862
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Support Community.

Are you referring to the Desktop background?

If it is, you can change that, follow these steps:

1.  Right-click on the Desktop and select"Personalize"

2. Under Background, you can change the picture.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The reply did not help. I do not want any desktop image.  But, since I scanned a document, that scan image is covering up my desktop icons so that I cannot select most of them. I want to get rid of this image, but cannot click on it, delete it, or touch it in any way. I think it just plastered itself on my desktop when I scanned the image.

0 Kudos
3 2 0 1
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Update. I found what was wrong. It wasn't a Picture on the desktop, but that unwanted image had become the Background. I changed it and now all is fine. Thanks for your solution!  It got me to the solution.  Thanks again!

Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
12,232 12,184 1,225 2,862
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation